Author Topic: My 2 Cents about the Future of AH  (Read 3945 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
My 2 Cents about the Future of AH
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2001, 08:25:00 AM »
Well yes Pyro, HT and crew know where it will be or where they want it to be... but I have no idea.. I can only guess.

;)
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2001, 08:29:00 AM »
Yeppers, that statement is basically saying, we're only seeing 10-15% of this sims future potential....

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2001, 08:31:00 AM »
Yeah and people are getting irate because HT and Pyro don't add stuff "fast enough".

These guys (those that left or are complaining about the game) could have all the money in the world, the hottest women, the fastest cars and the biggest housES... and they'd still find something to squeak about.
-SW

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2001, 09:19:00 AM »
(tongue in cheek)  You guys are PAYING for 10-15% of a game?!

Offline MrRiplEy

• Copper Member
      • http://altavista.net
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
At least that 10-15% is 90% working  :P

[ 06-26-2001: Message edited by: MrRiplEy ]

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
Hmm and why would Russia need all those Mig and I-16? We still have whole bunch of Yaks to choose from, notably Yak-3 for the late war plane set. Also if we going to early stages, then where is the Lagg-3?

mx22

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
Right now in my estimation AH is 85% game and 15% sim.

I would like to think that 50/50 split would be something worthwhile to shoot for (pun intended).  In the beginning, things looked powerfully promising but as things have developed I fear my wants and needs are getting farther and farther from being satisfied.

Too much warping past few months.  Actually for me personally I have a lot of technical complaints but I admit for mass appeal, AH is probably going down the right track.  Good for HTC, bad for me .

Y  :(
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
These guys (those that left or are complaining about the game) could have all the money in the world, the hottest women, the fastest cars and the biggest housES... and they'd still find something to squeak about.
-SW

yep - squeaking for squeakes sake.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2001, 11:19:00 AM »
Keep in mind, SW and Mrfish, when someone complains about something, its a valid complaint to them, and maybe others, but if it affects you, or your decisions, choices, etc., then we naturally interpret it as squeaking.

This board has brought MANY valid complaints and issues to it, only to be fixed in later versions...as someone said, I'd like to think of HTC as the deciding factor on this...and account cancelations certainly is proof that something needs to be done when it comes to factors like Carbombing (see the Gameplay forum) and balancing issues...

I've said many times before, "Stick your hand in a 5-gallon bucket of water, now pull it out, see the water level drop significantly?  Nope."  That means for every player that quits, another has just signed up, thus the level of the water in the bucket never decreases. But, to INCREASE the level of water in the bucket, one must add more fun stuff (ie. aircraft, GV's, Strat, terrains) and must address high visibility issues such as carbombings, FM anonolies, balancing issues...with the referee being HTC.

Edit:"Is it a valid issue or is it whining?"
We will always have our different opinions, that's why HTC is the program managers and we are not, that's what we pay them $$ a month to decide, and if its a decision that we find is a wrong one, folks quit.  Simple as that really.

[ 06-26-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2001, 11:24:00 AM »
It is really amazing how he hid that "price whine" in there isnt it?  Come on Eksel, what is your real squeak here?  Is it that the price is too high?

I laugh everytime I hear someone make the statement that if "they lowered the price to $10, they would triple their player base."  That may be true, you might get 3x more customers....but you also would be using 3x the bandwidth as before and you would have to upgrade hardware and server capacity....which costs money.  Simply lowering the price to $10 isnt as easy as it looks.  Sure we would all like to see the price go down...you would have to be an idiot or extremely rich to say you wouldnt.  But right now at $29.95, I am still getting value for my entertainment dollar.  Others have said it before and I agree....I would rather see the price stay where its at if it means that HTC stays in business to keep this game up and running and if it helps them keep the development going.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2001, 11:28:00 AM »
Rip, it's about how you present your idea or argument.

What's the first lines this guy types?

Well ok, this is PROBABLY a waste of time because it won't change a darn thing and a lot of people are leaving AH anyway.
Ive been playing AH for about 8 months now, in and out, and well ive come to the conclusion that this game has gotten downright OLD. Frankly, its just not fun anymore. To fix this I have a very detailed and LONG plan (man is this a waste of time  ).

That reads to me as "squeak squeak squeak squeak... but here's some ideas I have..."

<shrug>

If guys would present things the way they would for new ideas in the workplace (without a complaint of some form), I'd be on their side.

But I don't like people that squeak, real life or not.
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
squeaking is a form of release when someone is angry.  I concur that some folks cannot present the complaints in a format that doesn't appear to be squeaking, but yet one of a valid issue..however, just because they lack these skills does not necessarily mean its automatically squeaking.

I *try* to allow 24 hours to pass before I post on this BBS, I allowed 7 weeks to pass (and collected metrics) about the imbalance issue, however, those that it affected said I was whining...get my point?

Human behavior: "If it affects you and your style, its usually perceived as whining".

Other than that, I think we agree SW.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Yeah I understand your stance and what you are saying Rip.

S! Rip, see you on your side of the fence in 4 days!   ;)
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:

S! Rip, see you on your side of the fence in 4 days!    ;)
-SW

Oh oh, I guess we'll have to billet you where the Assassins bunked, you see, they couldn't handle the heat in the kitchen (Knits) so they bailed early before the end of the tour, so, after a complete delousing, its ready to be re-occupied.  :)