Author Topic: How to compress your video without sacrificing quality  (Read 1329 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
How to compress your video without sacrificing quality
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2002, 11:11:58 AM »
I did find Real Producer Basic as a free download. Haven't tried it yet. Anyone tried it?

Real Producer Basic

Added a clip done in Real Producer to my comparisons thread.

Went back and took another look at Real Producer Basic. Either the ability to add sound is disabled or I'm being dense. If ya can't add sound without purchasing the Plus version then I'll pass on this.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2002, 12:00:41 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2002, 11:37:39 AM »
Originally posted by Doberman

People have to DL realplayer also.  It's not that big a deal to DL a new codec, as long as you let people know what it is.

D

Realplayer is part of Windows95 and 98, I dunno if it was included with the later versions, check your Windows directory.

Also one problem many had when I did a clip in DIVX was getting the codec, Mediaplayer looks for codecs on the MS site, and many people reported the codec was not located there.

DIVX is a good codec tho, as it was designed to allow someone to record and compress a DVD to a CD with little quality loss.

One thing to consider is the cross platforms issues. Realplayer clips will play on MACs easily.

When I make clips I'll always sacrifice sound quality over visual quality, usually by using 8bit mono sound at a rate around 22050 hz.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2002, 12:29:03 AM »
Like I said fellas, we've done been through it a time or two. :)