Author Topic: I agree with HiTech that tanks in the main arena are stupid, but.....  (Read 97 times)

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
OK, HiTech didn't say that specifically.  The quote I'm thinking of was something along the lines that players of a genre ONLY want to fight similar units, not asyemtrical fights.

Tanks want to fight tanks.

Infantry want to fight infantry.

Fighterplanes want to fight fighterplanes.

Ships want to fight ships.

I used to drool all over WW2 Online as the holy grail simulation.  After having played it I came to the quick conclusion that their game is not designed well.  There shouldn't be compromises in quality of game mechanics (machines and weapons should be as accurate to real life as possible), but there should be gameplay devices to help the players avoid the boring parts and get on to the fighting.

Aces High has ground vehicles.  Or does it?  A while ago HiTech mentioned having TWO arenas running.  One for army with it's own software, and another for the aircraft (and ships).

I think this is actually the way to go now.  You can't do the army justice in a flight sim, but at the same time there has to be a way for them to both play together.

So, does anybody else want this?

Hans.

P.S.  Actually, I think this point is moot, since I don't think HiTech and Pyro can bring in enough players to fill an army arena.