Author Topic: Goin fish'n  (Read 232 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Goin fish'n
« on: March 31, 2002, 07:20:34 AM »
:D

see yall later :)

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
Goin fish'n
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2002, 07:40:19 AM »
Hava good time :)
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Goin fish'n
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2002, 09:33:43 AM »
I'd give you the Fisherman's Handshake if I were there Udie (jerk jerk tug tug jerk tug tug) :D G'luck
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline grizz

• Copper Member
Goin fish'n
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2002, 01:56:31 PM »
Good luck !  :)

I thought about going fishing too, but it's too much of a pain to chip the lure out of the ice every cast. Guess I'll wait a month or two.  :D

Offline fdiron

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Goin fish'n
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2002, 08:53:44 PM »
Been fishing quite a bit this year.  Have caught some bass and crappie.  I put the bass in my aquarium, he is a true killer :)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Goin fish'n
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2002, 09:53:24 PM »
fishin' was red hot this weekend !!!

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Goin fish'n
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2002, 10:00:26 PM »
Took the boat out of the water at 6:45 pm.  It's 10:00 now and I just finished cleaning the kitchen after eating some white bass and crappie :D  Much better trip this weekend though they still weren't biting real good. It was cloudy and windy all day so that probobly had an effect.  I caught about 20 fish total, but only about 6 keepers. Roommate caught 15 fish for 5 keepers.  We got some in the freezer and some in our belly :)

Sad part is I lost what was probobly a good 5-8 lb striper and a $3.50 louer when my line broke after about a 3 or 4 minute fight.  That sucker was pulling out the drag :(  Best fishing was trolling w/ crank baits.  Man when those whites hit they hit hard for thier size.

Fun trip!! cant wait for next weekend :)

sorry no pics this time.....

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Goin fish'n
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2002, 10:40:03 AM »
lil' different here..

fly fishing for troutski's..
landed a 20 incher and had him for lunch..
proceeded to catch over 25 in the next three hours..
they are hungry after ice-out.

no pics either

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Goin fish'n
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2002, 11:05:47 AM »
Cool man it sounds like you got into em good :)  Our day yesterday was wierd.  They just wouldn't bite with consitency. It rained the day before so that may have had something to do with it.  We'd start catching some and get 4 or 5, then boom it would stop for 2 hours.  Then 5 or 6 more then stop. Like that all day.

I did catch a 14" white bass on a crappie rod. That was a FUN fight on that lite line.  I had a new spoon that I got saturday.  The first 2 cast I made with it I caught 2 fish :) But they were little babies. A 4" black bass and a 4" white hehe.

there's always next weekend :D