Author Topic: How about a WEP light?  (Read 165 times)

Offline TMASTadon

• Zinc Member
How about a WEP light?
« on: April 03, 2002, 03:57:10 PM »
Ok, ideas for game play? How about adding a WEP light near the manifold pressure guage? Something that would be a quick and easy visual refrence to tell you if your WEP is on or not? I know, I know, just check the man pressure or listen to the engine pitch but with the radio chatter listening to the pitch is not always easy and in a fight its not always easy to take a quick peek at the man pressure gauge. Just something to help us poor mentally challenged people like myself who sometimes forget to turn off the wep after a particularly heartrending fight.:p

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
How about a WEP light?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2002, 11:22:54 PM »
Naw, then you'd need someone standing behind you with a hammer to remind you the light was on. Just learn to pay attention:D

Lets see now, how many sets of gear did I rip off cause I forgot to retract them after takeoff?:eek:

Offline 8ball

• Copper Member
      • http://www.derstuhl.com
How about a WEP light?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2002, 02:17:31 AM »
I've only ripped one set of gear off 'cause I forgot on takeoff.  What I really need is a little voice that says, 'Bingo Fuel'   :)

Offline TMASTadon

• Zinc Member
How about a WEP light?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2002, 09:14:15 AM »
But paying attention makes my head hurt....but then....I guess it wouldnt hurt as much as Weave standing behind me with a hammer....Ok...I'll pay attention. Retract gear? You're suppose to retract the gear? So thats what that sound of rending, breaking steel is:eek:

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
How about a WEP light?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2002, 05:25:03 PM »
Look at the boost /  manifold preasure guage.  That's what its there for.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
How about a WEP light?
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2002, 08:43:12 PM »
Retract gear? You're suppose to retract the gear? So thats what that sound of rending, breaking steel is

the gears are useless.
if you want to come down safly - BAIL.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline TMASTadon

• Zinc Member
How about a WEP light?
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2002, 11:25:23 AM »
Really?? I didnt know that was what that guage was for :p  I realize the guage is there for that purpose. However for me at least, when I'm in a hard, tight fight and I've had to come back off the throttle at some point and then go back to full throttle I occasionally:rolleyes:  forget to hit my "boost" button again. I will give a quick scan of my instruments in a fight to see what speed and alt I am at (and even that is a bit of a challenge as in normal view the instruments are difficult to see) but sometimes I barely have time to even do that as I'm trying hard to keep my eyes on the bandit (loose sight...) SO I just thought that perhaps a nice little light down there, something that I could see even with my preripheral vision, would be a helpful addition to the game.

Of course perhaps its just me and no one else ever has a problem with this, in which case I will learn through more practice and expierence. After only 4 weeks in the game I barely know how to pull the trigger :D