Author Topic: Victory 1 (pk) by Citabria of =357th Pony Express=. . . nothing disapears, it crashes  (Read 193 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
AAR.

...I was maneuvering hard with a 109G6 trying to maintain control of the fight. My flight was nowhere to be seen but fortunately neither was the huns. as we wildly spiralled around the fight began to turn into a stallfight. my heavy p-38 loaded down with fuel was slowly loosing angles and the hun knew it, but he wasnt trying to spiral climb against me... we were still going down like a screw being drilled into the deck. I felt the lightning begin to buffet on the edge of a stall. I knew I would loose the stallfight quickly, so in desperation I slammed in the rest of the flaps and pulled up and over in a yo yo for one desperate snapshot. as my plane fell over the high yo yo I had the guns pointing directly at the 109s fuselage. holding down the trigger I managed strikes all along the 109s center as my Plane stalled out. this was it though... the 109 was still intact. my last hope of survival had vanished as I pulled in the flaps hoping I might have enough to get out of guns range before I was ripped to bits, but the 109 wasn't following me. He continued his turn spiralling down but at a steep angle and crashed into the ground in a fiery cataclysm... Victory 1 (pk) by Citabria of =357th Pony Express= read the text buffer. indeed it was a pilot kill but I didn't know for sure until he hit the ground and blew to hell.

I'm trying to illustrate what would be a real problem for these ww2 flyers and what could be a great gameplay item. when the pilot is killed the plane will not change its appearance, the only sure way to know the pilot is dead on an intact airplane is seeing it crash after it seems to drift out of control or violently loose control after strikes that hit the cockpit. only make the departure severity random to keep the shooter guessing.

It would work the same as the pilot wounded effect(no external graphical indications but it would be an external view for the dead pilot watching their plane drift out of controlled flight and spiral down and crash.

the player who made the kill would get the victory credit after the aircraft crashed but the host would confirm that it was a pilot kill with  (pk) in the credit which would be very interesting thing to see who consistently has aim good enough to get pilot kills.

the same unpiloted departure code for pilot kills would be good to apply to the pilots who bail out. give them somthing to watch go boom while they float down instead of having the plane disapear.

explosions where none of the pieces disapear but all careen down to earth would be very spectacular too  

I think it would be pretty cool to attempt to feign death and spiral down and pull out at the last second in attempt to make the bandit think he killed your pilot  
that other stuff would be good too.

I just hate it when stuff magically apears and disapears  

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member

Originally posted by Citabria:

explosions where none of the pieces disapear but all careen down to earth would be very spectacular too  

Dinnae remember if the peices actually stayed around long enough to fall to teh ground or disappeared after falling so far

And it would be awfully nice to watch your bird continue on while you're hanging from your chute (maybe teh chute shooters would keep after it, specially if they dinnae see you bail out   )