Author Topic: AH Not recognizing my V-Card  (Read 289 times)

Offline ZXMAW

• Copper Member
AH Not recognizing my V-Card
« on: April 12, 2002, 08:52:34 PM »
AH is Not recognizing my V-Card. My primary display driver is a voodoo3 2000.  I have a:
compaq amd k6-2 at 350 and it must be using the old display adapter.
As i understand, there is no way to disable it.
Can I type in the adapter that I want to use and what would it be. I have already tried many different combinations of the name but unsure of what the correct wording would be if so.

For now, I do not know what other information or clues that you would need to help me.

1024,Width
768,Height
16,ColorDebth
1,DeviceCnt
Primary Display Driver \ Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL
0,UseZBuffer
0,DisableTripleBuffer
0,MaxFPS
0,MipMapEnabled
1,DisablePalettizedTextures
0,FastVertexProccessing

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 09:51:22 PM »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2002, 01:00:15 AM »
I'm going to need some more information before I can help you.

What model number compaq is it (i.e. precerio 5600)?

Did you just put the voodoo 3 in there, or did your voodoo card just "disappear" in the last couple days?

AH will use whatever display adapter the system is currently using.  If my memory is still ok ( ;) ) I think most of those compaqs used a SiS integrated video chipset.  Try this for me:  Right click the desktop somewhere empty and on the pop up you will get at the bottom pick properties.  Click settings tab, right under the little picture it should say something like "Plug and Play monitor (or whatever you've got) on xxxxxxx"  (xxxxxxx will be the video card the system is currently using.  You should see something like Voodoo 3, or 3dfx voodoo something.  You should NOT see SiS something.)  If you do, there is probably a way to turn of the integrated video in the bios, but lets hold off on that for now.