Author Topic: Definition of terms ...  (Read 670 times)

Offline DamnedATC

• Copper Member
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2001, 09:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Once my P-40 arrives... I'll probably sit back and squeak at everyone flying everything else.    

AKDejaVu

I think you will find the P40 a poor choice of aircraft. They look good, especially with the Flying Tiger decals, but a poor fighter in ww2, and other sims.

ATC

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
I’m for anyone that adds to my enjoyment of the game.  I fly AH to have fun and detach from the normal every day crap.  Just like anything else there are varying personalities.  All together they add some flavor to the game.  It bothers me not on how any individual or group plays their game, it only bothers me when folks get disrespectful.  Mind you it does add to the enjoyment of being attacked on channel 1 for the kill you just made.  Nothing like agitating someone else to make yourself feel better, unintentionally of course.

Now, on the subject of HO-ing Chog, and NIKI dweebs.  I have never been in a HO situation that I did not want to be in.  The situation is easy to avoid and if you get killed trying to avoid it, well then, you didn’t get killed by a HO did you.  A couple of barrel rolls at the right distance followed by a change in direction and the situation is avoided.  I am only an average pilot with below average gunnery skills and yes, I will choose to HO if I’m packing 20 mike mike’s and in a bad situation.  Somehow though, I always seem to survive it.  I may be standing in the tower  , but I survived it.

Zippatuh

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »

AKDejaVu

I think you will find the P40 a poor choice of aircraft. They look good, especially with the Flying Tiger decals, but a poor fighter in ww2, and other sims.

I know this.  That is why I will be entitled to criticize everyone for flying a better plane.  You just wait.. EVERYONE will be uber dweebs.

AKDejaVu

Offline DamnedATC

• Copper Member
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
I know this.  That is why I will be entitled to criticize everyone for flying a better plane.  You just wait.. EVERYONE will be uber dweebs.

AKDejaVu

Ahh I see.  LOL, good point.

ATC

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2001, 01:12:00 PM »
Every one has a purpose here.

I say fly what you want, how you want.

Sax

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
Yeager, others:

I was trying to make a point.  There are certain things you can like offmap bombing (excuse me brady   ) where it's not clear if it's behavior forseen by HTech/Pyro.

F4U1Cs are clearly in the game; it clearly has excellent guns; and it clearly isn't gaming the game to fly a F4U1c!

If you want to complain about the F4U1C, then the correct audience is HTech or Pyro, not the guy flying one.

AKcurly

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2001, 08:15:00 PM »
Aw heck, gonna come clean here fellas.  This post was started about me.

AKcurly has labeled me a c-hawg whiner because I've razzed 'em a little in the arena about it. Pure clean fun. I put smileys beside the jabs if I recall correctly. And there were a total of maybe 4-5 in the span of a whole week. I thought you guys were of the quality that could laugh at it too. Apparently not.

Yesterday when I made an off-the-cuff c-hawg remark, channel 1 went nuttso with AK's demanding an apology, guess it pissed 'em off when I told 'em to go private channel with it or email me. I got into a dogfight and couldn't keep up with the buffer scrolling so fast. It was rolling with AK apology demands. I finally typed something like "email me or private message me tardos" out of pure frustration.

I haven't recieved any email, although nimitz and I did come to an understanding on private channel later last night.
Apparently Curly is still ticked. Fly what you want curly, but when you choose the easiest guns in the game, somebody (heavens forbid it won't be me again) is gonna rib you about it. You guys need to learn how to handle it better in my opinion.

See the reply pongo made above mine? He edited because it looked a little scathing, and put a nice polite answer there.  

My email is still  hblair@cybrtyme.com

If the AK's want to take this out on me personally in the arena, well, that'd be cool. I'm better at air-to-air than I am at argueing.

I won't be replying to this thread again as I assume it will grow like a festering wound. I'm a CM now and won't to be involved in any beyatch-fights on the message board.

Disclaimer: There are some members of The Assassins who fly the hawg-C on occassion. Heck, I've flown it a couple times this TOD if memory serves me correctly. I just choose to fly it rarely.

AKSeaWulfe

Definition of terms ...
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2001, 08:28:00 PM »

Originally posted by hblair:
Aw heck, gonna come clean here fellas.    This post was started about me.

AKcurly has labeled me a c-hawg whiner because I've razzed 'em a little in the arena about it. Pure clean fun. I put smileys beside the jabs if I recall correctly. And there were a total of maybe 4-5 in the span of a whole week. I thought you guys were of the quality that could laugh at it too. Apparently not.

Yesterday when I made an off-the-cuff c-hawg remark, channel 1 went nuttso with AK's demanding an apology, guess it pissed 'em off when I told 'em to go private channel with it or email me. I got into a dogfight and couldn't keep up with the buffer scrolling so fast. It was rolling with AK apology demands. I finally typed something like "email me or private message me tardos" out of pure frustration.

I haven't recieved any email, although nimitz and I did come to an understanding on private channel later last night.
Apparently Curly is still ticked. Fly what you want curly, but when you choose the easiest guns in the game, somebody (heavens forbid it won't be me again) is gonna rib you about it. You guys need to learn how to handle it better in my opinion.

See the reply pongo made above mine? He edited because it looked a little scathing, and put a nice polite answer there.    

My email is still    hblair@cybrtyme.com  

If the AK's want to take this out on me personally in the arena, well, that'd be cool. I'm better at air-to-air than I am at argueing.

I won't be replying to this thread again as I assume it will grow like a festering wound. I'm a CM now and won't to be involved in any beyatch-fights on the message board.

Disclaimer: There are some members of The Assassins who fly the hawg-C on occassion. Heck, I've flown it a couple times this TOD if memory serves me correctly. I just choose to fly it rarely.

We are on the same page as far as the F4U-1C goes.

But I consider 'em mostly easy targets... the guys that fly 'em are so use to vulching that they dunno the first thing about actually manuevering. <G>
EDIT: But I don't care what anyone flies, nor do I care what the guys in my squad fly. It's up to them, I just know one thing.. No matter what they are in I'd never want to be on the recieving end of their guns..... even .303s.
-SW

[This message has been edited by AKSeaWulfe (edited 04-18-2001).]

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2001, 09:51:00 PM »
I haven't been on much this week and I had no idea that some ASSassin opened a can of worms

As far as valuing a person in the community...it don't mean toejam to me what you fly....it's how you act that I base my opinion.

I knew hblair since he was a 2 week target drone and KNOW he's a good guy who can take a joke.

I also know Curly from when the travelling AKcircus comes to bishland.  He too is a good guy who will help anybody who needs it.

I think we are developing a sensitivity to the text buffer and crying foul wayyy to fast at times.  And I also think that if ya have a problem with something go private and DEAL with it.  

And now the fat lady comes out to sing........

Offline Gunslayer

• Zinc Member
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2001, 10:41:00 PM »
I believe i shot down one of the guys in this thread(i won't name names)that are complaining about the chog in this thread the other night. But with the move he pulled I don't have any sympathy for him. Here is the situation:

I went to do some Jabo work on a vehicle base with the F4u-c. After i took the base down, i circled at about 15k to protect the incoming goon from goon hunters. Sure enough, a spitfire and 190 come in coalt , and both try to HO me. I evaded the ho, did a wide non-e burning turn, and followed the spitfire. I proceded to dive on the spitfire and he pulled up into a loop. As he came into range he was facing straight up. With so much surface area to shoot at even someone with my limited gunnery skills could not miss. One short burst and he was a ball of flames. Now if your going to complain about the CHog's FM, at least fight and lose to one because it pulled some crazy non-realistic manouver. Don't complain about it when you don't even use decent ACM against it.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Definition of terms ...
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2001, 03:25:00 AM »
Nah, I don't think Hblair is a c-hawg whiner.    But he's really good at making off the cuff remarks like

"I thought you guys were of the quality that could laugh at it too. Apparently not."

or

"private message me tardos" out of pure frustration"

and then quickly exiting the room.  Witness
the remark

"I won't be replying to this thread again as I assume it will grow like a festering wound"

Another quick exit, Hblair?    Talk about frustration.  The guy feels it's ok to say anything and then boogey out the door, disclaiming all responsibility.

Hblair is a quality guy -- I'm not hammering on him, honest.  I've fought Hblair many times and I can truthfully report I've always learned from the encounter.  If I've gotten the best of Hblair, it's always been by accident -- sneaked up on him, had too many squadmates helping and so on.

Hblair is excellent about not contributing to the channel one snowstorm.  If some guy starts ragging his ass, he simply mutes the guy.  He's a valued and important member of Aces High.

He's also very good at making snappy remarks, sometimes inaccurate, and then beating a speedy retreat through the door.  

Hell, I'm not pissed, I'm frustrated.    Not it matters much, but I always enjoy Hblair's presence in the arena.  He's fun to listen to and tuff as nails if you encounter him.

Hblair, it's just tough for me to listen to you make generalizations about the AKs over public comms.  If you were a jerk or someone I didn't respect, I would mute you and never respond.  

Ok, end of thread for me.  

Akcurly