Author Topic: Tell me about "enemy padlock view"  (Read 107 times)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Tell me about "enemy padlock view"
« on: May 05, 2002, 01:07:15 PM »
Please don't tell me with it enabled, the pilot just flys around and it spots cons FOR him.

And PLEASE don't tell me, if I'm fortunate enough to drop in from a high 5 or 7 to a low six inbound, "padlock" is going to tell him I'm there....

PLEASE don't tell me that...

Please ???

nopoop

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: Tell me about "enemy padlock view"
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2002, 01:19:17 PM »
Originally posted by poopster
Please don't tell me with it enabled, the pilot just flys around and it spots cons FOR him.
And PLEASE don't tell me, if I'm fortunate enough to drop in from a high 5 or 7 to a low six inbound, "padlock" is going to tell him I'm there....
PLEASE don't tell me that...
Please ???
nopoop

Of course not.  You think this is fighter ace?

Try it some time.  I think it is to lock on, F11 for padlock, F1 to go back to normal views.  You can only lock on to planes you are looking at and if the guy goes under you it breaks lock.

In my experience it will get you killed fast in the MA but it is neat for films.

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
Tell me about "enemy padlock view"
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2002, 05:54:39 AM »
It has it's limits.

1.  It doesn't automatically lock onto an enemy if he is mearly nearby.  You have to have him on screen to lock onto him.

2.  The lock is broken if the plane becomes obscured for a few seconds behind or under your plane.  You revert back to looking out the front canopy.