Author Topic: Four days since release.. ??  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Four days since release.. ??
« on: March 13, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
 I'm not trying to be a "pita" but four days after the 1.06 release I still see some major graphics problems that are serious imo. I'd like to know if HTC is working on them or if they feel it's a good release and I guess I should be persuing a resolution on my end?  I'm only asking because there's not been a peep from Pyro or HiTech on any of the issues  (not talking about side numbers) that have been posted.
  I can't fly near the new cloud layers at all. In them yes, but not close to them due to the odd rectangles that grow in my 45deg off views. And I can''t use the CV's because I can't see them, or the other ships. Just the wakes. I've not been to a CV that was not in the same grid as the new cloud layer so not sure if it's related or not.

Anyone from HTC have just a moment to say what's happening? Please?

Thanks.

Westy

Sturm

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »
Westy possible fix for the CV.  When I go to hanger I cannot see any ordinance fuel loadouts at all.  But I did find if I select the plane and goto gun convergence and go back, for some reason it resets it and you can see the loadouts.  I get flickering all the time and the CV is sometimes invisible.  Not sure for fix for that.  Very dark clouds I cannot fly in, and when it is dark you can forget about it, I just grab a buff and set off for those 45 minute flights and hope no one sees me either.    

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
<punt>

Love the clouds.... but they're broken. I haven't heard any mention of them being fixed either. Anyone else?

Also - is there *anyone* out there who has the clouds appearing normally to them? If so - what sys specs?

[This message has been edited by Nash (edited 03-13-2001).]

Moose11

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2001, 11:38:00 AM »
Silence is golden.

I'd bet they are working on it. No time to waste by giving a status report of what's only half done. When it's fixed, they'll say something.

I'm more worried when HTC gives us constant updates daily. Means they are working on more press releases then the actual game...
Seems that they get more done when they're quiet..

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2001, 11:43:00 AM »
Sitrep for Week of March 12:

Uhm... Oh yeah.. they're working on it. Would you rather one of these things or have it fixed in a week rather than three?

-SW

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2001, 11:46:00 AM »
I can only assume it's certain brands/models/drivers of certain video cards.

The new effects look great on my system for the most part.  The only thing that looks a little odd is the storm front (the grey wall).  I can fly through, around, below and above the clouds and they look pretty good.  

I'm sure they will be fine tuned soon.

Running on my second pc (primary has some serious problems):
Pent 3 733/133mhz (not over clocked)
Tyan Trinity MB
Geforce 2 32meg DDR (AGP) running 1600x1200
256 PC133 SDRAM
SB Live
21inch Sony Trinitron

Mox

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2001, 11:57:00 AM »
It could be worse.  Consider:

Aces High:
Sitrep for the week March 12-19

-Had a meeting concerning the deployment of Patch 2
-Deployed the new coffee machine into paid production
-Had a meeting concerning AH II with the new Spring Chicken˜ terrain engine.  Set the date (tentative upon approval by the CEO) to begin development (3/2/2003)
-Conducted our 32nd meeting with the trainers and the CM crew.
-Announced the minimum system requirements for 1.07: dual p4 processors, 2 Gig RAM, and twin GForce III graphics cards.
-Banned four players for talking too much about Fighter Hangars.
-Had representatives from a European software company over to tour the facilities.  Almost got them to buy us out.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
Very funny Dinger  

It would be nice to know what their doing for patch 2  

Y
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
I'm not taking a FR hit in the new clouds, but I can't see the aircraft carrier.  (Or the plane on it when I go to the hangar.)  After about 30 seconds on a ship, all the ships will disappear and all that will be left is their wakes.  If I press external view, my ship will flash back into view, but then disappear again.

There is a bug somewhere, this never has happened to me before.  (The hangar bug either.)

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2001, 12:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by Dinger:
It could be worse.  Consider:

Aces High:
Sitrep for the week March 12-19

-Had a meeting concerning the deployment of Patch 2
-Deployed the new coffee machine into paid production
-Had a meeting concerning AH II with the new Spring Chicken˜ terrain engine.  Set the date (tentative upon approval by the CEO) to begin development (3/2/2003)
-Conducted our 32nd meeting with the trainers and the CM crew.
-Announced the minimum system requirements for 1.07: dual p4 processors, 2 Gig RAM, and twin GForce III graphics cards.
-Banned four players for talking too much about Fighter Hangars.
-Had representatives from a European software company over to tour the facilities.  Almost got them to buy us out.

ROTFLOL!!!

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
Roger that Dinger! and second that Rip!

ROFLOL!!!!

You should have signed it....

Lay Jitman
Nonproducer

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
Ya missed the point though... We weren't askin' fer one of them sitreps....

All we said was that we weren't (and still aren't) sure if the problem has even been acknowledged.

Moose? SeeWulf? Have *you* guys seen anything on it? Or.... do the clouds look ok to *you*? If so - what system are ya runnin?

That's all that was asked.

Come on. Three weeks in delaying development to say "Yup - it's broken, no - it aint yer graphics card, and yup we're workin' on it"? Pfft cheeeyeah right. If yer used to that kind of efficiency in your lives yer prolly employed by the government.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
Nash,
Believe me, HT is working hard on this one...he's been around the industry enough to know how ugly it looks, imagine if you had created it, would you be satisfied with it? Hell no, and not a simple matter, and if its still here, then obviously he thinks it has potential to be fixed. Rest assured, it will be fixed either by improvement or in a worst case scenario, removal.  We've had faith in HTC this far, why would all faith be removed now?  Patience.

Edit: and HT has acknowledged this online in blue text, he's prolly too busy fixing it rather than posting on a BBS.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-13-2001).]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »

Edit: and HT has acknowledged this online in blue text, he's prolly too busy fixing it rather than posting on a BBS.

K - cool.. Thanks Rip.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
 Damn it. That was funny   !!

But, I'm trying not to be too serious however I'm not able to brush off with assumption that what a bunch of user see is a problem being worked on when no one I've talked to has seen any evidence it is.  What Nash just said "All we said was that we weren't (and still aren't) sure if the problem has even been acknowledged." hit the nail on the head. Just tell me the things reported are bugs or not so I can wait (no problem with that) or try and fix my system with DX-8 or different drivers
 In the past bugs were never around this long without some kind of comment or input by Pyro, HiTech, Natdog or Superfly.  Usually silence REALLY is "golden" in that it typically meant good things were about to sprout forth for us but when it comes to bugs and a few problems posing some hefty game play problems for a bunch of folks, it's not golden. Nor appropriate.

I don't know.  One or more of em may have a busy schedule precluding reading these boards, maybe HiTech is buried in the code and or Pyro has a flu bug. <shrug> Who knows?    

*edited as I just saw this: " .. and HT has acknowledged this online in blue text, he's prolly too busy fixing it rather than posting on a BBS."

Roger. Hate to be difficult    But is "it" the cloud appearance?  Disappearing ships? The other graphic oddities liek sudden gray rectangles in views for no apparant reason? Massive FPS drop near the new cloud layers?

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 03-13-2001).]