Author Topic: Engine controls  (Read 233 times)

Offline Texman11

• Zinc Member
Engine controls
« on: April 22, 2001, 07:53:00 AM »
Having flown other sims,  I have developed an interest in practicing "engine out" flight and landings.  However,  I can find no key commands in AH that will let you start/stop an engine in multiengine acft, that does not affect the throttle function of other engines.  As in,  I can select #1 for start/stop without it affecting the throttles for 2,3,and 4.  Is there a way to put these commands into the next patch?  Any help or answers would be appreciated.

Texman
"Don't squat with yer spurs on"

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Engine controls
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2001, 08:31:00 AM »
You can select engines and manage them individually. I think its shift-1 for engine 1, Shift-2 for engine 2, and so on. Select the engine, and then the variations on manifold pressure and RPM will affect to that engine only.

I dont recall the combination to get back control on all the engines, tho. Its been ages since I've last flown a plane with more than one engine  

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Engine controls
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
Shift E should give you control on all engines.

Offline Texman11

• Zinc Member
Engine controls
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2001, 12:20:00 PM »
Thanks for those inputs, but the shift e will restart the engines, not let me have throttle control over the still running engines, which is my problem.

Texman

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Engine controls
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2001, 01:05:00 PM »
agreed tex, that blows...i have had situations where ive wanted to conrtol the throttle of all RUNNING engines but you have to cycle through and do it individually.   a real pain in the ass

when i shut down 2 engines to save fuel or 1 to save oil in case i need that engine on final it would be nice to kind of "remove it from service"

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Engine controls
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
Agreed here!  Maybe if there was a key to select all running (Started) engines?

SOB

Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!