Author Topic: A thought on ditching perk planes...  (Read 180 times)

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
A thought on ditching perk planes...
« on: March 14, 2001, 01:11:00 AM »
I know there are a ton of posts on this subject right now, but I just thought of something (I know, I know, thinking is something that the doctor recommended I stay away from, but I can't help myself sometimes  ).  Seriously though, I think you lose perks for ditching a perk ride.  I haven't had that experience yet, as 4 of my 6 perk sorties ended in my flaming death so I don't know if it is true or not.

The thought I had was this:

If you ditch, for whatever reason in friendly territory, how about losing half the points.  If you ditch in enemy territory, lose more than normal, i.e. 2 times or 1.5 times the cost.  If you ditched in R/L, your plane may have been salvageable (such as forced landing due to lack of fuel).  If it was in enemy hands, then they got a hold some very valuable intel.

Oh well, just a thought (maybe not even a good one, but hey, never said it was  )

-math

------------------
"Any American fighter near Orote Penninsula.  I have forty Jap planes surrounded and need a little help."
-Ens. W.B. "Spider" Webb during the Marians Turkey Shoot

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2001, 01:22:00 AM »
Hehe reminds me of my 2nd Ar234 sortie, where Wilbus told me "Keep those JATO's Handy"...

Take off..."wuuuuuuuutwuuuuuuutwuuuut" (new Mitsu stall sound)....raise Gear...."wuuuuutwuuut!" and down I go for some reason...scatch the ground, and ditch...

I realised later on that I had taken off from the wrong field (had a little hill in front of it)

Aw we,, I can take it when I loose perkies to my own stupidity  

------------------
MASS/SAW

click  HERE for info on III./JG 5 Eismeer

When I was younger I hated going to weddings.
It seemed that all of my aunts and the grandmotherly types used to  come up to me, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next."
They stopped that stuff after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 03-14-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2001, 07:03:00 AM »
Wilbus would be one to talk about stupidity   I need to take a screenshot from the buffer of that film where he first tried to take off..

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2001, 09:51:00 AM »
Well...I don't think you should lose all the perks if you ditch in friendly territory. This could simulate your country driving to the site, loading the damaged plane onto a truck, hauling it back to base, and repairing the damage. You wouldn't be able to fly that particular perk plane for a few sorties or hours of game time to simulate fixing the plane.

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"
In arena: semperfi

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2001, 10:31:00 AM »

Originally posted by texace:
Well...I don't think you should lose all the perks if you ditch in friendly territory. This could simulate your country driving to the site, loading the damaged plane onto a truck, hauling it back to base, and repairing the damage. You wouldn't be able to fly that particular perk plane for a few sorties or hours of game time to simulate fixing the plane.

Few hours...
I guess 'few minutes' since hangar takes 15 minutes