Author Topic: Vulching Rampant in TA  (Read 1534 times)

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« on: May 16, 2002, 10:39:18 PM »
this is just one of several shots i was vulched by these gents about 35 times

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 02:01:17 AM »
Some times TA is bit wild.

If scurrent airfield is Vulchers Low  filed, you maybe should take off from closest friendly sirfield.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2002, 06:55:01 AM »
SNORKEL:   (o /\ o)

:D

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2002, 07:23:53 AM »
Take off from a different field and give it back to them, they're immature.   When I first started I was in the TA for a total of 30 minutes before going to the MA.  I was shot down ONCE, and was relentless on shooting down the moron who was trying to be cute, he left after the sixth time.   Give it back.  I would just go to the MA myself.  Just don't think everyone in here is like that.  All of us have our moments, all of us, but this is a great bunch of guys that are constantly dishing it out and taking it.  

Masher
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2002, 08:27:57 AM »
You have to remember half of those in the TA are there on their first free 2 weeks. They are between 10 & 16 years old, and they are out to impress the world how bad they can fly/shoot/swear.

Most do not have a lot of patience so by the time they learn how to fly they are looking to kill.
That being said there are a few bully's in the TA.
Like bully's everywhere they hang out where the young, weak & defensless are. Like all bully's they are really cowards at heart.

As one of AH's few "active" trainers I have been putting in a LOT of hours lately. But everyone else has to help also.

If you see a situation stand up & step in to defuse it.
2 wrongs do not make a right, EVER!
If you died, ok, sorry, its virtual, get over it.

If they are vulching you, leave, surely you can find someone else like minded to practise with in a different area.

Last, from what I've been hearing HTC has been bombarded with film lately. If your going to send film it should IMO show

A That you in NO way provoked it by word or deed.
B That it happened repeatedly
C That you moved to another area/country but he followed you.

Results may not happen right away from a single film. But if it is one in a chain of many action will happen eventually.

Last but perhaps in my opinion most important.

The Training arena is for TRAINING! If you want to FFA take it to the dueling arena. Thats what its there for.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2002, 12:02:00 PM »
the TA can be trying at times .... I ussually change feilds. if you revenge vulch them it just teaches them that vulching is the thing to do then after there two weeks they bring there bad habbit into the h2h rooms.
  you can always  tell them to get up off the ground and learn to fly and fight . the ones that are serious about this game will come up and learn , the ones that dont are just kids.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2002, 03:51:33 PM »
I've noticed there are a few "squads" that hang out in the TA almost exclusively.  The vulcher in the above appears to belong to one of them. KERG'S BEST MEN or something to that effect is another I see in there all the time.

They appear to me to use the TA as their own little 'relaxed realism' arena.  A check of some scores/time-spent in the other arenas seems to support this assumption.

I generally use the TA to try out a new or different plane and hopefully get in a little small-scale ACM practice with a willing partner.
When I log in and see the above-mentioned squads in the roster (and they ALWAYS are), I just up from a field far, far away.  I don't think they've ever followed me.

It's a big map.  All I can say is, if you try to practice in their playground, expect to be harassed.

Splash1

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2002, 08:53:02 PM »
i see what you mean dennis

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2002, 10:23:00 PM »
:eek:

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2002, 10:39:50 AM »

These are the rules and they should be followed ... no excuses.

If HTC has gotten multiple emails/films about this punk squad then someone with authority should do something about it. Ejection doesn't have to happen immediately, but an email telling them that they have been reported and any more occurences will result in a cancelling/banning of their account just might do the trick.

"The Training arena is for TRAINING! If you want to FFA take it to the dueling arena. Thats what its there for."

Ghosth ... these words are falling on deaf ears in this thread ... these should be repeated to the vulching punks in the TA.

Also, just because the MAP is so large, does that justify a relaxation in the rules that are so clearly stated when entering the TA? The answer is "go somewhere else" ... ?

"It's a big map. All I can say is, if you try to practice in their playground, expect to be harassed."

You have got to be kidding me ... "THEIR" playground ... so they, this punk squad, OWNS A1 or whatever field they decide to turn on the "vulch light".

Looks like people are making excuses and justifying the actions of these rogues rather than enforcing the rules.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2002, 01:44:18 PM »
i guess there the official TA squad only .... i hardly ever see them in the main
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2002, 04:51:43 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Also, just because the MAP is so large, does that justify a relaxation in the rules that are so clearly stated when entering the TA? The answer is "go somewhere else" ... ?

"It's a big map. All I can say is, if you try to practice in their playground, expect to be harassed."

You have got to be kidding me ... "THEIR" playground ... so they, this punk squad, OWNS A1 or whatever field they decide to turn on the "vulch light".

Looks like people are making excuses and justifying the actions of these rogues rather than enforcing the rules.

No. I'm not kidding you.  The rules appear to work both ways.
"If someone is currently bombing a field then do not take off from that filed (sic)"

It seems to me that someone REPEATEDLY taking off under a furball in the TA has a reasonable expectation of similar results as doing the same in the MA.  Doesn't mean it's fair.  Just not unexpected.

Yeah, vulching is "not allowed" in the TA.  Someone else wrote 'two wrongs don't make a right.'  It's readily apparent where the punk squad(s) are operating when you log in to the TA.  If you don't want to tangle with them you have options.  

I think that if HiTech wants to do something about these kids he will.

Personally, I don't think, in a perfect world, that the TA should be anyone's 'Relaxed Realism' personal playground.  I agree that the arena should be for training only.  I'm not justifying these "squads." You'd think "KERG'S" and the various "bombing group" 'squads' that hang out almost exclusively in there would play HTH instead.  It's free, and there rarely seem to be more than eight at a time.

But I just play the game.  And adapt.

Splash1

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2002, 01:22:39 PM »
You have to remember half of those in the TA are there on their first free 2 weeks. They are between 10 & 16 years old, and they are out to impress the world how bad they can fly/shoot/swear.

not all 10-16 year olds are like that take a look at me and NOD2000 we rarely swaer fly well and shoot better than some (nod better than most buff flyers not to brag) i used to fly in the ta and yes thats where all the people in there first 2 weeks go. i neve had a vulching problem in the ta myself i just had a learn to fly problem (spent first 4 days learning to fly without crashing on the first easy turn) then spent the next 10 days becoming good enough to kill another plane and that was another newbie. dont blame the newbies that hang out there for the vulching they dont have the skill to fly half the time let alone swoop in on a feild with a plane shoot someone and get out without crashing. not that im saying its a good thing its just a bit difficult for newbies to do npt that they should be doing in in the first place. roscoroos right. and we hth users dont want to look after vulchers who come into our feilds and vulch us. we spend half tohe time breaking people of there habits that they were taught by some irresponsible ta users.  
The Training arena is for TRAINING! If you want to FFA take it to the dueling arena. Thats what its there for.

hmm only one problem with the DA theres no one in it half the time. if you want some ffa action come to the hth and spend a couplke hours in bwidows,roscoroos or simcade arenas.

Offline skipdallen

• Zinc Member
Why have squads in TA?
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2002, 08:26:17 AM »
Sounds like part of the "ganging" problem is that they're a "gang" or squad.  Don't allow squads to be formed in the TA.  

Make ack unkillable at some fields.  

Maybe re-think the two week free trial.  Require a credit card for a membership.  No charge if membership is cancelled within a month or two weeks if you insist.

Gooss

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Vulching Rampant in TA
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2002, 09:29:52 AM »
Requiring c/c information is a surefire way to repell many potential customers. I'd probably not be a customer today if I hadn't the chance I was given.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone