Author Topic: Snapshots?  (Read 399 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Snapshots?
« on: May 17, 2002, 09:21:15 AM »
Don't they exist anymore? Just read about TOD and wild wednsday all the time, looks like us Euro people haedly have any events to fly in :(

Looking at the calander, I see no dates past April...
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Snapshots?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2002, 07:57:45 AM »
Guess not...
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Snapshots?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 12:48:22 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
Don't they exist anymore? Just read about TOD and wild wednsday all the time, looks like us Euro people haedly have any events to fly in :(
At the moment, we are concentrating on the Sunday TOD, the next one due to start next Sunday.  There are quite a few new CMs being trained up at the moment, so possibly once up to speed there may be a chance of more Snapshots.  

Do you realise that the Sunday TOD is set at Euro-friendly times?  Even if you are not in a participating squad, it is still possible to take part as a guest with a squad that is - just post a message on the TOD forum asking for a guest spot.

The TOD next week will be starting at 3.00 pm Eastern time, which is 8.00 pm UK time and 9.00 pm CET - your time, I think?  :)

Meanwhile, keep watching here for future (Euro-friendly) events in the works!  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Snapshots?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 01:39:03 PM »
I miss the CO:ing during Snapshots the most, possible to CO TOD's?
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Snapshots?
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 01:41:45 PM »
Thanks for reply btw :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Snapshots?
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 01:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus
I miss the CO:ing during Snapshots the most, possible to CO TOD's?
Yes, of course it is!  However, in order to CO a TOD, you must first CO a squad in the TOD, and the various squad COs take it in turn to CO their side of the TOD.  LOL, quite a mouthful, hope it makes sense!  :)  To register a squad for the Sunday TOD, go here:  http://events.simladder.com/tod_register_sat.php  Hope to see you in a future TOD!  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Snapshots?
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 01:48:28 PM »
wilbuz each squad co will have to co a tod at one time or another.

most tod are 3 frames so depending on how many squads per side will determin your co rotation.

However since i have been in tod (missed 1 tod) i have only not co'd a frame in a tour maybe 3 times.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Snapshots?
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2002, 02:00:06 PM »
I agree,   I miss snapshots too, I miss CO'n them form time to time.   I've yet to play a TOD that was as fun as many snapshots i remember .. but I've only played two TOD (they both sucked IMHO).

Is it just a problem of noone wanting to set them up?  

I  took it for granted that there was a snapshot almost every weekend. Now they are gone :(

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Snapshots?
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2002, 08:35:46 AM »
In the works. ;)

I am looking at running them once or twice a month with 2 or 3 other events. Don't worry, I will not let them die. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Snapshots?
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2002, 09:07:28 AM »
Glad to hear this daddog, just came to this forum to inquire about snapshots, (my favorite event) and saw that Wilbuz already had.
All!

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Snapshots?
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2002, 09:09:41 AM »
Rgr Dad thanks :)

Hope we'll see them on weekly basis (called basis?) soon again, nothing more fun then those, specially when I get to CO and fly :D
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
Snapshots?
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2002, 03:52:31 AM »
Hey Wil :)

You will see some new events soon, so stay tuned!
If you don't want/can't for some reason fly with your squad on SUNDAY TOD, you are allways welcome to fly with 308 Sqn :)
I know that this dirty allied planes are not your first choice, but we fly LW iron sometimes too ;)
If you are interested - please contact me be e-mail.