Author Topic: Against all odds  (Read 426 times)

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Against all odds
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Wow dingy.. maybe I shoulda put a smiley face at the end so I could say whatever I want in whatever insulting manner then imply I was just kidding so its the other person's fault for responding.

AKDejaVu

Guess I misread you too sir...you should use the  .

------------------
Sky Viper

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Against all odds
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2001, 12:49:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Sling I knew someone would catch that!  I originally said 12 hours in another thread, but it was indeed 11, 6am was when I logged on, and was on for 9 of those 11 hours, we had reset around 5pm that afternoon, AH first reset in V1.05 (after being down to 2 fields)...so, the moral of the story, NEVER give up hope...put words into action...don't expect someone else to do something,YOU do something!

Just givin you a little jab there Rip.    I noticed last night that there were some rumblings coming from the northeast corner of the map about gang-banging, but at the time I logged in the numbers were pretty much equal.  All countries were within 5 members of each other.  It doesnt matter what you do, one country is always gonna have the perception of being ganged on.  At these times, channel 1 is always a riot...great source of entertainment.

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Against all odds
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2001, 01:18:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
This shold be reworded:  Its a good example of whining, being told to shut up, then resorting to the use of action.

AKDejaVu

Cobra

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Against all odds
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2001, 01:22:00 PM »

Originally posted by sling322:
Just givin you a little jab there Rip.      I noticed last night that there were some rumblings coming from the northeast corner of the map about gang-banging, but at the time I logged in the numbers were pretty much equal.  All countries were within 5 members of each other.  It doesnt matter what you do, one country is always gonna have the perception of being ganged on.  At these times, channel 1 is always a riot...great source of entertainment.

Well, I missed last night (was on for a quick field capture early)..however, I must admit, when I log on nowadays, I squelch Ch.1 almost immediatly, then go to my 'Whine List' and squelch 3 chaps on it..then we get rocking and rolling!  I enjoy the sim much more if I do that first.  

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Against all odds
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2001, 02:15:00 PM »
Just to clarify the northeast whining. Everything was ok with us (Knights) about the field situation. Heck, we want to fight, what better way than to have 2 fronts seeing action. What pissed some guys off was that a bishop, don't remember his name, apologized on channel 1 for sinking the rook CV. He thought is was the Knight CV. Lol, some knights started squeakin' about a rook/bishop truce.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Against all odds
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2001, 02:28:00 PM »

Originally posted by Apache:
Just to clarify the northeast whining. Everything was ok with us (Knights) about the field situation. Heck, we want to fight, what better way than to have 2 fronts seeing action. What pissed some guys off was that a bishop, don't remember his name, apologized on channel 1 for sinking the rook CV. He thought is was the Knight CV. Lol, some knights started squeakin' about a rook/bishop truce.

Yeah there seems to be a few folks out there who like to rub it in and taunt a little when a CV is sunk.  As far as a treaty goes, I didnt hear anything about it last night.  I started out hitting rooks then went to hitting knits and then back to hitting rooks later when the ASSassins started trying to take fields from us.

------------------
Sling322
Fat Drunk Bastards

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Against all odds
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »
Cobra:  Upon stomping over one of your bases, we found these Velcro Gloves....would you like them back?  Or do you prefer to chase yer sheep, err, women    

Seriously...

Rip was on for a quick capture last night on A6.  Worked GREAT, man we miss him when he isnt on.  If he puts up a mission, people take heed and join.  I've put some missions up, as have others....but nothing puts a grin on my face more than watching that giant formation of Rip's head off to war.

We were getting whupped all last night (9pm EST to 2am EST) when I was on.  I think someone said it best...numbers do not tell it all.  Seems a huge chunk of Knight was up north trying to hold ground, while the southern border just kept slipping away.

Look forward to flying with y'all tonight!

------------------
Paul J. Busiere

Aces High Arena handle:  BD5Pilot
 http://bd5.checksix.net
BD-5 "T" (TurboProp) 90% complete, first flight in 2001 (We hope!)