Author Topic: <S> AH, I'm Out!  (Read 492 times)

Offline Shift

• Zinc Member
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2002, 07:45:30 AM »
Good luck proen it was great flyin with ya in the 117th maffia, you really know what your doin M8 , congrats to you

Shift

Offline K West

• Silver Member
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2002, 07:47:20 AM »
Congratulations! Have a great summer and see you soon I hope.

Westy

Offline mjolnir

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: not to steal his thunder.........
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2002, 09:18:12 AM »
Originally posted by Flossy

From England, huh?  So when do you get here, and how long will you be staying?  Would be good to see you at a UK-based Convention!  :D

My report date for Lakenheath is 5 August and I'll be there for a year.  When's the UK Con?

Offline Shift

• Zinc Member
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2002, 09:35:34 AM »
Blimey i hope there is a UK con, my dad and I missed out last year, it would be brill to see every1.

I don't think there has been one planned yet so it don't seem like it's goin to happe this year:(

Shift

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2002, 09:37:21 AM »
congrats Preon!

former AF myself and went to school in the springs.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2002, 10:35:49 AM »
Congradulations guys/!

Time to fess up... wich one of you were "DaLadyzMon"?;)

AKDejaVu

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2002, 10:44:53 AM »
I'm in Boston, and love it.  Let me know if you need the hot spots.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2002, 11:13:44 AM »
Congrats Raptors.  :)
I hope you guys keep playing AH.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: not to steal his thunder.........
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2002, 11:17:35 AM »
Originally posted by mjolnir

My report date for Lakenheath is 5 August and I'll be there for a year.  When's the UK Con?

Lakenheath is about 70 miles from where I live and you'll be glad to hear that it isn't far from Duxford either; you guys will love it there!

Ramjet introduced me to one of his friends who flies Warbirds and he's stationed at LN.  He's a Major, perhaps you can convince him to fly AH!  ;)

Cyas up!
NEXX

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2002, 11:54:46 AM »

Really! I went to high school at Lakenheath, had to live in dorm #5 all week, then ride the bus home to RAF Bentwaters for the weekend. As a member of the soccer team (ok, football) I got to travel to various places, including some games in Belgium (at SHAPE headquarters). Was fun.

A lot of american military brats hated being over there (no McDonalds at that time, and other ridiculous gripes), but I loved it and would have liked to stay there longer. Unfortunately, we had to move to Hawaii (Hickam).

Of course, I'm kidding. Hawaii is awesome.

Congrats and good luck with your AF careers.

-AlgyFT

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2002, 11:57:32 AM »
Congrats!

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2002, 12:02:51 PM »
Originally posted by Shift
Blimey i hope there is a UK con, my dad and I missed out last year, it would be brill to see every1.

I don't think there has been one planned yet so it don't seem like it's goin to happe this year:(
Yeah, I hope so too, Shift.... I am hoping that once the UK mailbot is up and running again, something may be announced, but so far I haven't heard of anyone taking it on....  :(  

Yes, we missed your dad last year, but the timing of our Con was just unfortunate as it turned out.  Hopefully, if it does go ahead, it will be a great event once again.  Problem is, the later it gets before something is organised, the less likely all three of us (me, Zeb and Cloudy) will be able to get there again, as it is a lot for us to lay out in one go at short notice.  Keeping everything crossed.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2002, 12:10:33 PM »
So far there has been no date set for it, but we have had some problems with our UK mailbot, so I am hoping once that is sorted out (hopefully later this week), things will start getting organised.  Last year it was held September 14-16 - starting just 3 days after 9/11, so combined with the uncertainty of the future of AW, it was a bit of a low-key event that time.  Tilt was in the US and was due to travel back in time for it, but of course was held up after the events of 9/11 and didn't make it.

I imagine if we do have one this year, it will be around September again, possibly in the Birmingham area again, where it has been for the last two years.  If anything is announced, I will be sure to post it here, so keep your eyes open for any news.  While you are in the UK, you would be most welcome to join our UK Mailbot which will help you to keep in touch with what is going on here - email spiffy@kraits.org once you get here to arrange to be added.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Dux

• Platinum Member
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2002, 12:11:42 PM »
Preon, are you being stationed at Hanscom? I work right on base (DoD civilian)... look me up sometime.

BTW, if it is Hanscom you're going to, the Air Show is next weekend. Hint: traffic is gonna suck
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
<S> AH, I'm Out!
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2002, 12:14:28 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
Congradulations guys/!

Time to fess up... wich one of you were "DaLadyzMon"?;)

AKDejaVu

Deja, DaLadyzMon is currently a 2nd year cadet.  If he wants to make his identity known, he can :p