Author Topic: KOTH ( King Of The Hill ) comes to Aces High!  (Read 373 times)

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
KOTH ( King Of The Hill ) comes to Aces High!
« on: May 29, 2002, 08:50:38 AM »
The popular monthly event that many who flew in Air Warrior enjoyed is coming to Aces High on May 31st in the Special Events Arena at 10 PM Eastern. Details on how the event will be run can be found here.

http://events.simladder.com/koth.php

Aub will be the first CM to host this event.

-----
WHO: All Aces Highers are invited and encouraged to attend
WHEN: May the 31st at 10 est
WHERE: Special Events Arena
WHAT: Challenging, good natured fun with some of your fellow Aces High pilots
HOW:
All participants meet at the field.

The reigning AH KOTH from the previous month will choose the plane for that night.

Each time a match is won, the winner of that match chooses the plane for the following match.

Fuel and ammo loads are at each pilots’ personal choice.

Only fighter aircraft are allowed for AH KOTH tourney play. No buffs.

Everyone takes off in different directions when the CM orders you to launch.

No winging. The AH KOTH is a free-for-all event.

Once at 5k, the CM will call go, everyone then turns and engages. Its a free for all boys (and ladies)!!

Last one flying wins the match.

Win 3 matches and you are the AH KOTH (Aces High King of the Hill) for the month and can proudly proclaim yourself as the KOTH.

GUIDELINES:
During each match, if you run out of ammo you must immediately bail from your plane (you lose), unless you are one of the last two remaining participants in that match. If we have a large number of participants, I have no doubt that many people will run out of ammo before everyone is shot down. We don't want a bunch of people flying around, without ammo, seeing who can fly the longest without crashing. If you didn't use your ammo wisely, you haven't earned a win. However, if you are one of the last two participants in that match, then the fight continues.

During each match, if you run out of fuel you must immediately bail from your plane (you lose). Landing a glider and hoping no one sees you, until everyone has been killed, will not be considered a win. Also, if you didn't calculate you fuel usage properly, you haven't earned a win. To conserve fuel, you may chop or reduce your throttle, but may not turn off your engine. As with ammo, if you are one of the last two participants in that match, and you run out of fuel, then the fight continues.

The merge altitude is 5k. You may exceed 5k when performaning manuevers while engaged. The "Cap Alt" is 8k. If you exceed the 8k "Cap Alt", you are out and should immediately bail from your plane (you lose). You may not loiter above the 5k merge alt. If you are not engaged, you must go back down to the 5k limit.

HAVE FUN!!!!

For more information, check out the Events Calendar.

-----

Please reply if you plan to attend so we can get a feel for how many may show up !

THANKS !
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 10:04:04 AM »
*yawn*

It's almost same thing as wild wed.

I'd rather see some snapshots instead of having CMs waste time on a copy of an existing event.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2002, 10:07:58 AM by jpeg »

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2002, 10:15:31 AM »
Originally posted by jpeg
*yawn*

I'd rather see some snapshots instead of having CMs waste time on a copy of an existing event.

Snapshots are in the works.

This would be a MONTHLY event instead of weekely.

It different enough from WW's in the plane change between rounds and no time limit.

If the CM's feel something is a waste we do not do it - we do not feel KOTH is a waste - one reason we recruited MORE CM's - so we can do MORE things like this and snapshots and other events.

Nose art

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2002, 01:38:09 PM »
Originally posted by jpeg
*yawn*

How Trite...   ;)

Give it a chance before you jump to conclusions
KOTH is nothing but fun.  I am sure it will attract many more participants than WW's...  and if that is the case how could there be anything wrong with it ?

BTW: Wild Wednesday was a copy of KOTH... not the other way around...  KOTH is Trade Marked by the player that created it.  STICK has been gracious enough to "GIVE" it to Aces High...

It appears that if you had your way, we at Aces High would suffer from the same syndrom that kept effective dive brakes off the F4-U in WW2.  The ego's at Gruman would not adapt the high speed dive brakes from Lockheed's P-38 to the F4-U because of an attitude they developed of "It wasn't designed here"

BOOT

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2002, 01:39:24 PM »
*yawn*

Another numbnuts whining about someone else's time and effort to make the game a better place.  You get the "tard of the week" award this week Jpeg.  Congrats!

Looking forward to the event...hopefully it'll draw loads of pile-its in, and probably will with it's Air Warrior roots!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2002, 01:43:45 PM »
Jordi,
You stated that you must win three matches. Are we to therefore assume that there is an undetermined number of rounds?

What terrain is going to be used?  The "fortress" terrain from the SEA, or perhaps a new one?

And what will the opening plane type be? Or is it to be determined later?

Will "God Mode" be enabled for those who have been shot down?

I'm always game for these "one life" events!

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
I'm innnnnnnnnnn!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2002, 02:03:25 PM »
Whew, about time.  KOTH is da bomb.  I stink at KOTH.

I'll be there.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Oops
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2002, 02:15:20 PM »
Wanted to add that not only is the number of rounds undetermined, it is unlimited.

KOTH can be a marathon won by attrition.  (Best played if wife isn't home.)

Once someone has two wins, he/she becomes a target.  Winging is not allowed.  There are no rules against ganging.  As more people win rounds the ganging is diluted and a three time winner will emerge.

Leave your allegiances at the door.  In my first KOTH, I was loathe to attack a nearby squaddie.  As I flew away looking for another fight, he shot my bellybutton off.  I was looking for him the next round.

Being monthly makes KOTH an "event" worth looking forward to.   It's not for everyone.  Never has been.  That's why it's great that AH has such a wide spectrum of events.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2002, 03:26:19 PM »
Originally posted by BigMax
Jordi,
You stated that you must win three matches. Are we to therefore assume that there is an undetermined number of rounds?

Jordi - Correct - undetermined # of rounds

What terrain is going to be used?  The "fortress" terrain from the SEA, or perhaps a new one?

Jordi - Not sure as of yet - could be the current WW  terrain or something new ?

And what will the opening plane type be? Or is it to be determined later?

Jordi - If the previous WW winner is ther they pick first plane - if not the CM will pick the first plane - after that the winner of last completed round picks the plane.

Will "God Mode" be enabled for those who have been shot down?

Jordi - I hope so !

I'm always game for these "one life" events!

Keep the questions and comments coming !

Nose art

Offline ZenCH

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2002, 08:55:44 AM »
Zen is In !

ZenCH