Author Topic: Brick simulator  (Read 414 times)

Offline Vomit Man

• Zinc Member
Brick simulator
« on: May 31, 2002, 06:43:58 AM »
Some questions about your flying brick simulator (j/k ok! :P)

Where are the instructions? - Not the help files, the ones that tell you how not to get shot down by planes flying sideways.

Why are all other planes faster than any i am allowed to fly is it because when you pay your plane starts working?

Whats this anoying buzzing noise that sounds whenever i try to fly these planes/bricks like 400 mph+ fighters instead of a like a 747 with its flaps down?

Why can i see other planes doing totaly impossible flipping and spinning things?

Why are the turning rate and roling rates so slow on all planes?

Why is the 'pilot' such a popsicle and reds/blacks out at the slightest hint of G?

Have the people who made this actually ever flown?

If so are they really fat and unhealthy computer programers who cant take a 30 degree bank without throwing up? :P

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Re: Brick simulator
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 07:37:09 AM »
Originally posted by Vomit Man
Some questions about your flying brick simulator (j/k ok! :P)

Where are the instructions? - Not the help files, the ones that tell you how not to get shot down by planes flying sideways.

http://www.netaces.org is a good place to start
Any resource regarding ACM is worth reading.

Why are all other planes faster than any i am allowed to fly is it because when you pay your plane starts working?

Most of the planes you encounter are available to you right off the bat, only perk planes which arent used a whole lot take some work to get.  Accelleration is slow, the fastest way to pick up speed is to dive.  A plane with a lot of altitude on you, even if it is a slower plane, can dive to your level and be going faster.

Whats this anoying buzzing noise that sounds whenever i try to fly these planes/bricks like 400 mph+ fighters instead of a like a 747 with its flaps down?

Stall horn, it means your AoA is too high and you're starting to lose lift.  These are ww2 fighters, not f-16's.  Lay off the stick, it doesn't take extremely hard maneuvers most of the time.

Why can i see other planes doing totaly impossible flipping and spinning things?

Probably lag, if it happens constantly it's your connection.  Quite possibly just people pulling maneuvers that you're misreading.

Why are the turning rate and roling rates so slow on all planes?

Because they were.  See above comment about not flying f-16's.

Why is the 'pilot' such a popsicle and reds/blacks out at the slightest hint of G?

Modern pilots use G-suits to help them take g-forces, as well as training.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Brick simulator
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2002, 07:42:31 AM »
Q: "Why are all other planes faster than any i am allowed to fly is it because when you pay your plane starts working?"

A: The answer is because you don't know how to accelerate/deccelerate. There are differences in maximum speeds, but it really isn't a issue in dogfights.

Q: "Whats this anoying buzzing noise that sounds whenever i try to fly these planes/bricks like 400 mph+ fighters instead of a like a 747 with its flaps down?"

A: That annoying buzz is the plane screaming at you "ouch! learn to fly, dammit!"

Q: "Why can i see other planes doing totaly impossible flipping and spinning things?"

A: That is because the pilots in those planes know how to fly.

Q: "Why are the turning rate and roling rates so slow on all planes?"

A: That is because you don't know how to fly.

Q: "Why is the 'pilot' such a popsicle and reds/blacks out at the slightest hint of G?"

A: That is because any living organism that even remotely resembles a human being is supposed to be "such a popsicle". God made humans that way.

Q: "Have the people who made this actually ever flown? If so are they really fat and unhealthy computer programers who cant take a 30 degree bank without throwing up? :P "

A: Yes, they have flown. The fat and unhealthy guys are the FDBs, not HTC.

Now my turn for questioning!

Question: Is this a troll?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Brick simulator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 08:32:55 AM »
Definately a ...

SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Brick simulator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2002, 10:17:07 AM »
my vote for the 'passive aggressive post of the week'    :rolleyes:

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Brick simulator
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 10:38:53 AM »
Troll or not, somebody needs a BIG kick in his attitude!
I sure hope you learn to drive better than you learn this game.
Then again, maybe not... and you'll put yourself out of our misery.
If I ever get a Vomit Man kill.... man-o-man I'm going to enjoy it TO THE MAX!!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Vomit Man

• Zinc Member
Brick simulator
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 11:13:12 AM »
Hey youve probly shot me down several times already as it does not appear to be that difficult for u guys to mince my plane into a pulp.

I think i must be lagged because i keep seeing planes doing wierd toejam...i've yet to see one flying backwards but i dont think it will be long :P

its not like havent shot anyone down yet, also ive found that pt boats are the most lethal vehicles in the game and seem to have more manoverablitly than most of the planes :)

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Brick simulator
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 11:15:39 AM »
many here played Air Warrior...and many of them, if not most played the Relaxed Realism arena...where you could pull a 9g loop and not take a nap..or dogfight in a B17...or any of the endless, completely unrealistic, albeit fun maneuvers...I can admit I got a kick in my ego when it took me a week just to keep from spinning into the ground , let alone setting up for a kill.. I went from bellybutton kicking to getting my bellybutton kicked and it is certainly a shock.  Vomit Man..this isn't your daddy's combat flight sim... put your ego away for a while, get shot down a lot, and take some time to learn.

my .02

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Brick simulator
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2002, 12:47:07 PM »
It seems to me that you do not know what you are doing.

Untill you do, you should not post tripe, but should be humbley asking for help.

F.

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
Brick simulator
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2002, 02:18:08 PM »
Well said Furious.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)