Author Topic: JABO alt. when IB target? and generel on Jabo?  (Read 322 times)

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
JABO alt. when IB target? and generel on Jabo?
« on: June 03, 2002, 01:32:42 PM »
What is the best alt on IB target when JABO, etc. in F4u?
Low just above ground 0.500k,or  8-10k, or 20-25 k?

I prefer 8-10k, who is my opinion to be the best alt for diving towards the taret,and it would not take to mutch time to reach your alt, and you can ib target fast;)., I also prefer Low jabo mission, surprise attacks;).

Some saying 20-25 k is best? if you encounter enemy, so you can out run them?, but can you in a heavy hog or jabo? from a fighter?

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2002, 01:40:00 PM »
20-25k for jabo is only good if u have an extra 30 mins to climb, and then descend again before starting your dive...
Its kinda pointless...

I like to be no more than 12k or so for dive bombing, but anything from about 5k-12k is fine.    O course your dive angle etc may need to be adjusted the lower you go..

SKurj

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2002, 05:45:21 AM »
For jabo attack to the enemy field/town/factorys  5-10k AGL is good. If you have two egs with you from 10k there is plenty of time aim & drop them sepaterly in one pass.

Question:
Lets say Typhoon NOE attack with bombs and tactic is popup after max 200ft AGL approach to the target area.

1.How people estimate pullup distance before target? Through  the gunsight and using a zoom?
2. Pullup angel versus speed &  load (bombs, rockets & fuel)?
3. Popup to max alt and/ or min maneuvring speed?
4. At the top roll over or 0G push down?

All these to gain as fast as possible optimum divebombing altitude, speed and angle.

Looong time a go when I make some offline test I could once and only once kill ack with loft bombing tactic :-))

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2002, 07:14:44 AM »
I prefer 8-10k too, unless in a surprise attack.

20-25k seems not like a good thing if you want a low Time-on target.

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2002, 08:08:56 AM »
K thx gents;)

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2002, 10:39:59 AM »
Originally posted by Xjazz
Question:
Lets say Typhoon NOE attack with bombs and tactic is popup after max 200ft AGL approach to the target area.

1.How people estimate pullup distance before target? Through  the gunsight and using a zoom?
2. Pullup angel versus speed &  load (bombs, rockets & fuel)?
3. Popup to max alt and/ or min maneuvring speed?
4. At the top roll over or 0G push down?

All these to gain as fast as possible optimum divebombing altitude, speed and angle.

Any hints? Anyboby? PLeeease!

This NOE stuff must be top secret.

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2002, 11:13:07 AM »
It just takes practice.

The bombs will fall at the same airspeed of your plane when you relese them. You can (sometimes) time it so that when you release the bomb, you would be right over the target by the time it hits the ground.

Theres no real science to it (there can be, but more than I can do in a few seconds). I just go by feel. Line up on target, going so fast, I can tell the target is so far ahead, then things look right, drop the bombs and get out of the way.

Its best to be diving even from low altitudes, just beacuse its easier. Just make sure the bomb will travel far enough to arm itself.