Author Topic: Cougar vs CH Fighterstick/pro throttle  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Doberman

• Copper Member
Cougar vs CH Fighterstick/pro throttle
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2002, 10:36:01 PM »
Originally posted by 214thCavalier
Doberman your stats i got by using the name Dobe as in your sig, i realise this may not be you and you could fly under a totally different name so they could be incorrect applied to you.
[/b]

It isn't me, nor do I fly under a completely different name.  The handle in my sig ix "xDOBEx", which is what I fly under in AH. :)

Being able to move the stick or saying the stick is too strong for me is not the problem.
Let me explain my view, the further you move away from centre the easier the stick is to control even though the stick force increases, so if you are turning with back pressure on the stick it is not a problem trying to line up for and take a shot, the problem is when you are not pulling on the stick ie operating near the centre zone or break point and trying to line up a shot that requires small and precise corrections especially if you have to pass through the break point.
Weaker springs make this so much easier to control.

Personally, as I've already stated, I have no trouble controlling the stick with the stock springs.  

D

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2002, 03:55:50 PM »
Originally posted by 214thCavalier
Argentina..... World cup..... defeat.....ass whuppin.
Oh that.... not taken any notice of it - can't stand footie!  :p  So, did we win or something???  :rolleyes:  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2002, 04:14:31 PM »
Originally posted by AKWarp
Well....OK SOB, if you insist..........

Look, all you dork wanking, pilot wannabe's that think your phallic replacement...er, cougar sticks are better because they cause sensations in your groin (and god knows that's the only time it happens to you tards), then you're all a bunch of ignorant clueless neanderthals.  

Any moron with half a brain synapse KNOWS that CH is the king of controllers....now, take your stiff springed, cast pot metal clunkers with the breaking switches and the laundry list of "needed fixes"  and go sit in the corner, shutup and color.
(oh, and it's BYOC too! (Bring Your Own Crayolas))...

Whew.......how's that SOB?  Think it might stir something up?

Sorry guys...I had a...erm...request.... lol.......

Clear case of er... Cougar envy :p
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline aa101

• Zinc Member
This vs That
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2002, 07:57:32 AM »
Reading all these posts regarding CH v TM reminds me of the work I did before retired several years ago. Installing Digital Telephone Switches and equipment, my employer would have user group meetings to see what features they would like to see then after analayzing all the data then implement changes and we would install the equipment. We would give them all the LIGHTS,BELLS,GONGS,BUZZERS etc. But in the end the simple mortal man would simply ask "DO I have Dail Tone when I lift the reciever so I can call home". They could all care less for all the flashy literature that explained how to activate these features after a small course in basic programming which 90% did not want  to bother with. The same applies to the joystick models. Most all want to PLUG and PLAY and most wont bother with all the features offered by any manufacturer all they would like is to plug in the device and actually have it work without a hassel which does not seem to be the case nowadays. I do use Ch products and have used Tm and Saitek, I like my setup and have used it for longer than i care to say,but hey thats just what I like if you like another setup and it works for you, hooray for you.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2002, 03:25:09 PM »
>>Well....OK SOB, if you insist..........

Look, all you dork wanking, pilot wannabe's that think your phallic replacement...er, cougar sticks are better because they cause sensations in your groin (and god knows that's the only time it happens to you tards), then you're all a bunch of ignorant clueless neanderthals. <<

Whoa Warp!! Steady as she goes mate :)
SOB is clearly a firestarter here  and apparently gets his jazz from the kind of "Jane you ignorant slut" degradation of an otherwise civilized debate :)
Come back to the light guy:D

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2002, 04:48:17 PM »
50!  :D
Originally posted by Don
Look, all you dork wanking, pilot wannabe's that think your phallic replacement...er, cougar sticks are better because they cause sensations in your groin
Erm.... not me, mate....  was very much female last time I checked!  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2002, 06:50:40 PM »

Offline AKWarp

• Copper Member
      • http://10mbfree.com/edlance/
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2002, 08:44:04 PM »
LOL!  Don, somehow I get the feeling your humor/sarcasm filter was offline there......:D