Author Topic: Alternate method of perking rides  (Read 208 times)

Offline Yippee38

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Alternate method of perking rides
« on: June 06, 2002, 04:18:52 PM »
The PERK POINT AUCTION thread gave me an idea.  I'm fairly new to this thread so somebody may have already posted something similar.  Pardon me if that's the case.

With the addition of some early war A/C, there will probably be very little use of these A/C in the MA.  I'm sure some of the hotshots will fly them just to show their prowess, but I'm guessing their use will be pretty rare.

Make all of the new, very early war A/C 0 perk points to fly.  Make every other plane have a perk point cost.  Instead of perking them based upon their lethality, perk them based upon their date of introduction to combat historically.  Something like the Spit V would be relatively cheap (20 perks) while something like the Ta-152 would cost a lot (maybe even more than 200).  Of course, at the end of a tour, all perks would be reset.

This would be cool because the first week of the tour, you'd see a ton of use of these early planes because not a lot of people would have the points.  You'd also see their use throughout the tour as people would spend the big points to fly their late war plane and end up with less than needed to fly their hog, stang, or whatever.  By resetting at the end, it would also incent players to use up those points and fly the big cost planes.  This would hopefully result in the last week seeing a lot of use of the late war planes.

Whaddya think?

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2002, 04:49:00 PM »

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2002, 05:01:12 PM »
i'm sure i've read this exact same thread

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2002, 08:09:06 PM »
If people payed more attention to how perks work, you'd see more early war under the present setup.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2002, 08:20:21 PM »
i'm still trying to figure out hth the d-pony ended up with a lower ENY than the laffer-7?

:confused:

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2002, 08:43:09 PM »
Shane,

Very simple question to answer.

The P-51D gets used more often than the La-7, thus it has a lower ENY.  Usage is the single biggest criteria in setting an ENY value, or so it seems.

(Not that there aren't some statistical anomalies, e.g.Fw190F-8 and Bf110G-2)

Usage is what gets the much less powerful 1942 Spitfire Mk IX to have an ENY lower than the 1944 superplanes.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2002, 11:23:04 PM »
how about this + the above idea

research centers
when a plane is first availible, they are at an experimentle stage (ie. costs a hell of alot), after they've been out for some time the price will drop

now here's the fun part

bombing these centres will slow the cheapening (that a word?) of a plane, therefore your country will have the same plane at less price (unless they bombed yours aswell)

so what do you think?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2002, 08:21:35 AM »
How bout we just admit that AH has outgrown the idiotic perk system.   It was a complex solution to a nonexistant problem in the first place.   We could have just had all the "perk" planes available free of charge the last day or two of each tour.   They certainly would have gotten more use that way.
lazs

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2002, 09:03:30 AM »
The proposed system would end each TOD with the most skilled and/or most time online players flying late war planes against newbies in early war planes.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2002, 09:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
How bout we just admit that AH has outgrown the idiotic perk system.   It was a complex solution to a nonexistant problem in the first place.   We could have just had all the "perk" planes available free of charge the last day or two of each tour.   They certainly would have gotten more use that way.
lazs

This pains me, but I agree

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2002, 01:29:19 PM »
Not everyone plays this game 24/7.
Some of us... work and have a life.

And we only have time to get on for about 1 hour a week.

If I have to pay 200 perks to fly a F4U-1D... forget it, I'll find another game to play.

What I would like to see is a rotating plane set... that matches the same era of planes against each other.... but wait.. that's the CT.

But you know... I know a way to solve the perk plane problem... change it from perk points to real dollars!