Author Topic: My 1st real sortie in AH ;)  (Read 610 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
My 1st real sortie in AH ;)
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2002, 03:53:15 PM »
Wow, pjk and red ant. welcome!  Hope to see you in an arena soon:)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2002, 03:57:43 PM by -ammo- »
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2002, 03:56:10 PM »
Welcome to you guys from another WB refugee enjoying his online flight time once more.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2002, 04:36:25 PM »
Redant was a challenge to fight in the P39.  He waxed my bellybutton royal more times than is fair to count.

Hope you WBs guys find AH enjoyable :)

Hint: This community is quite diversified having folks from lots of different heritage sims and a TON-O-DWEEBS to kick around.
Squelch channel 1 if it gets too annoying, I usually will and it really can make a difference ;)  Plus, just hook up with one of the old WBrs for serious questions.

Its an interesting time to try it because 1.10 should really close the era gap.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2002, 04:59:16 PM »
Hopefully yourtrial period will last long enough for you to see v1.10 it's looking rather nice, I compiled the news reports from HTC in our squad forums here and listed the planes and features talked about so far.

Offline grizz

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2002, 05:18:48 PM »
Hiya redant.  

Welcome to AH.

I  was -wolf- /squidd in WB and I seem to remember you kickin' my arse once too often also !!  :D  

Like is mentioned above,  .squelch 1 works great when the crying gets to be too much.

See ya's up.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2002, 05:38:46 PM »
Welcome, Red Ant - and Petri PJK from WB!!   I have a good photo of pjk - i have not posted it on this board yet :)

Yes, AH is very different. Give it lots of time.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2002, 05:50:11 PM »
I've been flying the 9T and la5 almost exclusively this tour (because a squadmate has been ragging me bout my crappy hit percentage:)) and I am really enjoying the Yak. I don't think it's Uber in any way, apart from when the 37mm connects :)

Nice to have you here Redant - just remember to squelch channel 1 as soon as you login. Once I've squelched 1, I get a warm tingly feeling thinking about all the spent rage and anger that is being vented to an uncaring universe. :D

cheers
palef
Retired

Offline Red Ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2002, 06:32:36 PM »
Originally posted by Revvin
Welcome to you guys from another WB refugee enjoying his online flight time once more.

Actually revvin, i'd rather you didnt put words in my mouth. I still have my WB acct, and am still an active trainer there. The only reason i went to AH is to catch up with some old friends/foes, and just to see what HT & Pyro are up to. To be honest, SO FAR i havent seen anything to make me "switch" - i like a lot of little things about AH, but the graphics & FM/DM of WBIII are still much more to my taste :)

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2002, 06:46:39 PM »
I think you're reading too much into my post but then that happens when you read AGW for too long ;) My welcome was to you and pjk and the reference to me being another WB refugee enjoying his time here was the fact there are many ex WB players here some of which answered your post.

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2002, 08:02:19 PM »
antman and Pjk,

Great to hear from you guys.  Been along time since we threw it around in the big blue.  Hope to get a chance to tangle with both of you before your time is up.  I'll try to be on around 7:00pm Central time Sunday night.

btw...I suck in this sim, so I might have to shoot back some excuses your way about how uber your ride is.

Drex

Offline Red Ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2002, 11:40:43 PM »
Originally posted by Drex

btw...I suck in this sim, so I might have to shoot back some excuses your way about how uber your ride is.

Drex

Drex? Sucks? I don't believe it for a second :)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2002, 12:16:11 AM »
Originally posted by Red Ant

Drex? Sucks? I don't believe it for a second :)

Drex sucks in his own "special" way.

:)

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2002, 12:21:44 AM »
BTW Redant, the P-39 is one of my favorites too.  My father in law flew them (stateside) quite a bit.

eskimo

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2002, 01:19:18 AM »
Originally posted by Apache
ruh roh. The famous redant. Used to kick my arse royally in WB.

Know the feeling... Anton used to kick my bellybutton at CYAC back in the Mac SimNet days...

Hell what was that... Eight years ago?

Welcome Red Ant!
sand

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2002, 01:37:14 AM »
Originally posted by Frodo

My favorite plane here is the Yak9u.Fly it a little bit and you can form your own opinion but I bet you like it.;) Most fun plane to fly in my opinion.and it scissors like nothing else!Just watch your fuel gauge.The 9t has the armament you prefer:D  but is slower and doesn't accelerate as well it seems.

BTW Rook is a good country to start in.:cool:

Frodo

Hey Frodo. Like you, I love the Yak-9U. My two favorites for the MA are the 9U and the P-51B. Once a pilot masters the Yak-9U, he's nearly untouchable. As I have said before, I think that it's the most balanced fighter in the game. Not the best at anything, but its combination of attributes makes it extremely formidible in the hands of a good stick. Likewise for the P-51B.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.