Author Topic: bishops key to success-not a flame  (Read 895 times)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
bishops key to success-not a flame
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2002, 04:21:48 AM »
see mandobles thread

bishop key to success = overwhelming mediocrity

quantity has a quality of its own

I have films of 10-20 typhie and spits coming and gang banging a virtually abandoned field. 1/2 of them are there to committ suicide and decide that ramming  the the acks with their planes is the best course toward "success" :)

But hey they get the "capture" so i guess its a "success".
« Last Edit: June 13, 2002, 04:23:59 AM by Wotan »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2002, 04:33:18 AM »
Success is  having fun  not pretending being a fighter pilot in front of a computer.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2002, 06:09:53 AM »
A horde's idea of fun is killing it from others.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline scspook

• Copper Member
      • The Skeleton Crew BBS
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2002, 06:42:00 AM »
As a Rook and having only flown Rook, I can say that I do not need to fly Bishop to see the difference in the 2 countries.  I see them pouring into my fields at all Alts with C47, Air and Ground support.

Having stated the above, I dont know how the other 2 countries work when it comes to posting missions.  But I have a pretty good idea how it works with the Rooks.  

Being Australian, and on leave from work (yippee), Ive been fortunate over the last few weeks to fly in both Euro and American timeframes varying in numbers from 50 to 450.  In Rookland when a minority of known names post a mission (Im talking a maximum of 5 names!), people flock to join them.

When relatively unknown names post a mission or dare post a mission when another is being run by one of the known 5, the unknown Rooks mission whilst equally important and no doubt just as good, goes ignored and he/she is lucky to get 2 or 3 planes.  No disparity on this select group. They make great missions. But no greater than anyone else can make.)

Rooks appear to have a certain number of people who will clamber to any mission going.  As an avid mission flyer myself, I see the same names virtually every time.

I've been asked to pull my own missions off the roster so that anothers mission has large numbers.  These missions offer numbers of pilots, far in excess of whats required and other missions that could run sequencely alongside them are aborted as the battle for mission numbers rages over the Country channel.

Its quite a ridiculous situation. I no longer post missions outside those involving my own Squadron.  Rooks are a one mission at a time country which costs it, everytime they need it.

Tho I fly for Rooks and have only ever flown for Rooks, They can be as dumb as dog sh*t at times :( and more often and not deserve to lose simply due to poor planning and a lack of will to change from the defensive to the offensive when needed the most.

Most Rooks seem to prefer furballing which is ok by me. Its their $14.95 US a month.  But it wont win maps.

(I have seen Rooks get their act together and it is a totally different country to fly for.  Unfortunately the Bish do it better . Perhaps it is a numbers thing. :()
« Last Edit: June 13, 2002, 06:48:04 AM by scspook »

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2002, 06:51:56 AM »
straffo, it is hard to have fun when you are totaly blinded and can't hardly take off from any your fields with more than 25% of fuel.

Obviously, the duck hunting must be extremely fun for the bishorc hordes.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2002, 06:53:58 AM »
Originally posted by MrRiplEy[H]
A horde's idea of fun is killing it from others.

Your idea of fun is being like a LW pilot in 1945

J/K ;)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2002, 06:57:27 AM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE
straffo, it is hard to have fun when you are totaly blinded and can't hardly take off from any your fields with more than 25% of fuel.

Obviously, the duck hunting must be extremely fun for the bishorc hordes.

I know that feeling I recall some beta tour with 7 bish being gang banged by the knit crook alliance (27 player online !!: D)

But as I said previouly there is nothing that can't be cured by either a video or a good book :)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2002, 07:11:03 AM »
Situation now as I write this..

Guess which country ONLY bish is attacking? Hint: rooks are capturing empty bish fields in a milkrun.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2002, 07:52:17 AM »
well... the dildo worshipers do tend to clump but..

you guys are making it sound like they are incapable of independenat thought.
lazs

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2002, 07:56:38 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
But as I said previouly there is nothing that can't be cured by either a video or a good book :)

totally agree with you. But when you are a very limited time asigned to AH and that time is as described above over'n over, the conclussion is that, unless massochistic, you better close your account to AH and buy more books and videos ;)

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
my 2 cents
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2002, 08:29:25 AM »
yes numbers do have a sayin in mission planning.....your stupid if ya think otherwise. simple

but Fariz did point out something interesting.....BISH play this game too WIN MAPS!!!!

KNIGHTS play too have FUN!!!

ROOKS are STUPID!!!!!:eek:
to quote SCSPOOK: "They can be as dumb as dog sh*t at times "
end quote:D

SLO :cool:
4WING=441 Silver Fox=

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2002, 09:09:32 AM »
Amazing logic taking place here.

Just imagine this

Play any other game that you can think of with half of the peices.

Chess, checkers, poker, yatzee??

How many do you think you would win?

I don't think I have been in a winning map reset in 6 months. And honestly I really don't care.

But I still can't believe Bish are bragging.:rolleyes:

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2002, 09:56:39 AM »
sometimes bish mission flyers are pathetic. i remeber upping at a field beeing vulched by a mission and receiving 4 proximity kills before i could get my gear up... those times make it worth to try to defend even in extreme situations ;)

what are missions good for anyway? syncronized take off times and a common channel for all working on the same goal, or am i missing something?

just pick a channel, and with the room voice display you can even see with whom you're waiting in the tower for take off. but, almost nobody does. is it different in knit- and bishland?

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2002, 10:17:46 AM »
knits have their own share of gangbang planners.

Seems a waste use the mission planner just to get 20 guys to overwhelm 1 base.

you could put together a whole campaign with multiple missions supporting each other. Especially if your team always has the "numbers".  Sending 30 guys to rape one base after another isnt what im talking about either.

I used dig missions but they are really pointles the now with ahv.

The last mission I joined was actually a 2 mission strike, each in support of the other.

110s to level a9 we had 10.

190f8s to take out a10 there was 6.

enroute a 51 buzzs our 110s I took off after it so did two others. one guy augers the other gets killed by the 51. I killed the 51 and returned to the formation. I spot another con and kill it. I manage to keep my ord and headed to 9. Some of the f8 guys got confused and instead of hitting the vbase at a10 they hit the vh at a9.

I get over 9 to see 3 110s ride their bombs into the city. so far out 10 110s we lost 5. 2 get killed by field ack while tyring to drop bombs on the ack. Well they each got 1 ack. :rolleyes:

Me and 2 other 110s deck the field and i kill dar and a bh. After that I spot a few more of the 190f8s which had diverted from a10 to a9 to vulch never killing the vbase at a10. Well there was nothing to vulch at 9 but and we capture it. I rearm thinking 10 is ded and hear reports of a goon 1 min out 10. The nme cv is nw 9 so i head east to grab. I look back toward the town at 9 and see 9 nme gvs rolling into the town.

The goon that was ib 10 types out in caps ack and vh up 10 and he dies. I come back around to hit the gvs at 9s town and watch whats left of the "mission" all die to the gvs. I see 3 m3s all letting out troops and drop my ord (2 x 500kg and 4 x 50kg) on them killing a bunch but not enough. 9 is recaptured.

I look around and im the only left. 15 guys in a mission and I am the only survivor.

Swore off missions after that. They are for the herd.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2002, 11:46:39 AM »
Well, if you think so, I stand corrected, Fariz :)

But seriously, though there may be some differences, I don't think there's any sort of general 'quality' issues of average pilots in any country. Kronos pointed out he saw a lot of mission participants when he was with Bish.. I don't really think all the other pilots in us Rooks are incompetent or don't understand the usefulness of missions so they do not join. I was sort of looking for an obejctive reason to why - if what Kronos say is true - some country will love to put up missions, and some not. I guess finding the reason in numbers seemed the easiest answer to me. ;)