Author Topic: Playable  (Read 711 times)

TT

Playable
« on: November 06, 1999, 02:27:00 AM »
 OK. For you guys that dont think your sticks quite right this is how I found to deal with the SSS. First of all it has nothing to do with spiking. It is a range of motion deal. In the AH stick set up you will see a box with cross hairs. Move your stick to the edge of the box. If your stick keeps moveing after the crosshair hit the edge of the box, this will help alot. You will have to get a utility called ctfj (thanks indian) Then you will have to do a little guessing. The MS range of motion is not compatable with AH,s range of motion. In the ctfj set up you can change the range. I turned mine down to 85 in X Y and R axis. You will probably have to play with it to hit the right spot. In my case, in the AH set up box, the crosshair stops about 1/8 in. from the edge of the box now. I had to guess how much farther the MS software traveled. but the result was a huge improvement.

Now as the title suggest, this makes the game playable not 100% competitive. If you get behind a guy who can yank and bank hard, and you try to follow him. You ,ll lock up and he wont. However with this set up you can stick on the tail of at least 95% of the players in the arena. I hope this was of some help.

You can get ctfj at www.stickworks.com

[This message has been edited by TT (edited 11-06-1999).]

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Playable
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 1999, 03:43:00 AM »
TT, I did the same thing by maodifying my stick.cfg file.

In any case, I'm glad to see you're doing better!

------------------
129 IAP VVS RKKA

ingame: Raz

TT

Playable
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 1999, 12:31:00 PM »
I never could get that to work. you should post ur settings.