Author Topic: A possibly fun feature for a future version  (Read 85 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
A possibly fun feature for a future version
« on: June 18, 2002, 04:02:59 PM »
Would be cool if we could spawn a troop in the maproom and come running out with a pistol drawn with 6 shots (or whatever) and be able to shoot up the inbound troops. Say you have to plug each troop with 2 shots to kill 'em. And they shoot back. :)

Just something that rolled off my hamster wheel just now. Just thinking it would be cool if we had some way to come outa the map room and shoot at em.

Looking forward to the next version HTC. Changes to bombers are gonna make the game really interesting. P40's and all the other ealry planes are going to be fun too. I'd like to see the late war planes cheaply perked, but I'm sure you guys have a plan on how to make the early war stuff useable. Looking forward to it.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Something like this?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 04:53:10 PM »
HITECH: On ground warfare, what I envision at some point is a first-person shooter run as a secondary item to base capture. What I’m sort of envisioning in the end is something that would run along the lines of a C-47 dropping a spawn point at the [enemy base’s] map room. The map room now is expanded to a full, underground bunker-warfare, first-person shooter. The defender always gets to spawn in the bunker. The attackers, now for the next thirty minutes, they can spawn people in the bunker, and there’s this big, first-person shooter war happening underground to do an actual [base] capture.

SABRE: So your going to take it basically all the way down to the individual with a rifle and some hand grenades?

HITECH: Absolutely! What I’ve figured out is, there are four aspects to combat. You’ve got fighter planes, you’ve got ground vehicles, you’ve got bombers, and you have infantry. None of the four people, none of the four aspects want to go fight each other. Vehicles want to fight with vehicles; bombers want to go bomb stuff; fighters don’t want to mess with bombers; bombers don’t want to mess with fighters; and infantry don’t want to mess with anybody…they just want to go fight the other infantry. What you do is provide a mechanism in the game that makes that happen.

From my interview with HiTech at last year's Con...
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline zipity

• Copper Member
A possibly fun feature for a future version
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 07:58:47 PM »
I'd really like to see them add more detail to what we already have.  I like the idea of 1st person shooters but I'd like to see them with bazookas, machine guns, sniper rifles....

I'd also REALLLLLY like to see roads to make getting through the mountains easier, rivers/bridges for jabo missions, tree lines for hiding those GVs making ambushes possible.  I'd also love to see more detail in the sea battles.  Individual control of destroyers/cruisers and SUBS, it would be great to have weather effect the ocean/seas.  Landing on a cv is fun but it would be really challenging if the deck was pitching and rolling.