Author Topic: FWa5 vs P51D in SEA ROE Final  (Read 317 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
FWa5 vs P51D in SEA ROE Final
« on: July 08, 2000, 09:46:00 AM »
The Rumble will be held in the SEA Arena, and the arena will be configured the same as the Main Arena in all regards for this fight.

Two (2) fields will be allocated for either side; bishops will have a22 and a14 and these will be for the P51's. The rooks will have A3 and a37 these will be for the FWa5's. All other plane types will be disabled. These 4 fields have the same alts and are equidistant apart. All other fields will be knight to keep the fight focused in the above area.

Either side may launch for the Rumble from either of their fields. One observer will give a countdown for launch when both sides have announced ready on the runway.

Refuel and Rearm will be allowed; but no replane! One death, one plane per pilot. If you ditch, bail, disco or crash on takeoff you are out. Last side that has pilots flying wins. Film recording should be switched on for all planes; duration of the fight.

Six (6) observer/referees are requested; 4 will stay in towers at the 4 fields to confirm no re-ups and tally kills/deaths. Two will be in the leaders a/c's as observers to verify first merge conditions and announce 'fight's on' if merge conditions have been correctly met.

Aircraft may climb to a maximum of 15k and no higher PRIOR to merge. Merge alt to be at 15k. Guns are COLD at the merge.. due to the large numbers of A/C and the likelyhood of their being somewhat spread out; the observers will announce 'fight's on' after merge conditions are completed to their satisfaction. (all a/c have passed clear of each other co-alt at @15k) Note that if you collide on the merge you are DEAD; you may not replane.

After 'fight's on!' announcement, alt restrictions are lifted, and ceiling is unlimited for duration of fight for all aircraft regardless of origin or condition.

Sides are to be matched in numbers; minimum 8 per side; maximum 16.

EDIT:  Additional 'unoffical' in plane observers are NOT allowd. Sorry; but coaching via RW is not monitorable, and therefore it is possible that un-authorised additional eyeballs may be lending aid to the pilot unintentionaly in their exuberance during the fight. To minimise distractions and avoid influencing the furball, the 6  official observers may link among themselves via RW; but may NOT communicate with any pilot via any other means than the textbox on common frequency. If you wish to be an offical observer/referee; submit an email to Nash. (end edit)  

Is this acceptable?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hangtime (edited 07-08-2000).]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2000, 11:10:00 AM »
I have a question:

For those of us who are not actually taking part in this rumble and have an interest in watching it, can we come in to the SEA to watch?  I know flying in a plane to watch is out of the question, but maybe some of those flying would allow people to join them...  If not, then at least have everyone film the battle and post them here (pretty please with sugar on top  )

-math

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2000, 11:48:00 AM »
Hangtime . No re-ups are easy .. just disable all fields once everybody is in the air.

Cheers
DW6

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2000, 12:18:00 PM »
Is it too late for me and berserkr to get in this?

Udie

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2000, 02:03:00 PM »
Excellent ROE Hangtime... it seems to cover everything.

Mathman - sounds like observers will be needed (4 in the towers, and 2 for both flight leader's planes)... so yah, you can watch this. I'm callin' dibs on observing from Hang's plane   I'll put you in Hristo's plane. Anyone else, let me know if you want to observe the fight and I'll sign you up on a first come, first served basis.

Duckwing, if they shut off the fields after people launch, won't that shut down the ability for planes to refuel and rearm? Having someone in each field's towers like Hang proposes will work fine.

Udie - absolutely not. What side do you two wanna fly for?

The Rumble page:
 www.intergate.ca/personal/cwharton/intro.html

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2000, 02:04:00 PM »
BTW Hang, I'll wait for Hristo's confirmation on this ROE before putting it on the site.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2000, 02:59:00 PM »

Duckwing, if they shut off the fields after people launch, won't that shut down the ability for planes to refuel and rearm? Having someone in each field's towers like Hang proposes will work fine.

I don't think so, but there is plenty of time to test this before the party.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2000, 04:37:00 PM »
Udie.. was hopin you'd sign on.  

All you and Berserker need to do is ger yer butts over to the sign-up thread and follow the instructions.

Note that we may tap you as the LW flight lead if Hristo bows out.  

Good luck!!

Mathman! good question; glad you asked it. See the edit in the ROE above... and all pilots will be filming.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Hangtime (edited 07-08-2000).]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2000, 03:51:00 AM »
Agreed with RoE.

Offline HABICHT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jagdgeschwader54.net
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2000, 05:02:00 AM »
it's really funny, how you guy's want to
fight a late 42 plane vs a '44 plane.

no chance for a FW when the pony driver
good and knows the ponies strenght.

wait for the dora pls

------------------

"Die Ta 152 war meine Überlebensversicherung in den letzten Tagen des Krieges" OFw Willi Reschke, Ritterkreuzträger, 38 Abschüsse

[This message has been edited by HABICHT (edited 07-09-2000).]

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2000, 06:44:00 AM »
If the outcome is good, we can say that LW pilots won the fight by pure skill      

It we lose, we can always say AH won the fight, and ask for competent 1944 plane - the Dora    

Nash, sorry for being late, real life etc.

8 pilots and 2 reserves will be chosen in today's training. Everyone is encouraged to participate, 3 PM GMT. The pilots not chosen into the team can still help us in mock duels, flying the opportunist birds.

Nash, that was one the of the funniest sites I have ever seen     WTG !
You really captured the image of a real Luftwaffe ace    
Keep up the good work ! We want more.

[This message has been edited by Hristo (edited 07-09-2000).]