Author Topic: Update on the William Tell competition  (Read 206 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Update on the William Tell competition
« on: June 20, 2002, 07:46:13 AM »
Sent this to Daddog today.

Exile:, if you read this, I was wondering if you could perform some of that Oz stuff behind the curtain and set up some sort of page where squad CO/XO's can register their squadrons that will shoot me an email for registration, then I will "schedule" that event per a CM pre-determined date (or Dates, depending on response, we may need two dates, 2 hours per session, to file all the squadrons thru)

Also, can the logs capture the time from a pilot spawning, until he exits (lands) ???

Here's the latest:

Sundog, Daddog,
Here is the William tell terrain I need "checked out".  The competition will roughly be this:

~Clock starts for each pilot once they spawn (Can the Logs capture this?)

~Take off from ROOK CV in south west part of map with F4U-1D, 100% fuel, 2X250lb.bombs, 8 rockets.

~Upon launch, salvo off 1 bomb and 6 rockets (leaving you with 1 bomb and 2 rockets)

~Proceed to climb over the mtn range. to the Southern Bullseye that has 4 x AA covering the target.

~In the competition, 2 judges will have spawned a tank at each bullseye location.

~The pilot will dive bomb the first tank at southern Bullseye #1.  Damage will be assessed, recorded and the judge will respawn and reposition another tank on the bullseye.

~Damage is judged in 3 catagories:
1/3 kill (Tank engine OR track or Turret is damaged)
2/3 kill (Tank engine AND track or combination of any two of the 3 is damaged)
Full kill (Tank is destroyed)

~The pilot proceeds to Bullseye #2 to the North, and salvo 2 rockets into the tank at that location, using the same damage scoring system as above.

~Pilot recovers back on CV.

~This will be timed at Spawn for each pilot of each squad, best 3 times and damage combination is used to determine the squads total score, then compared to other squads.

After our test with VMF-323, I'm guessing we can get an avg. squad of 12 thru the program in about 24 min. (2 min. apart on launch)

Thats all I have for now. Let me know when this is approved and I'll ask you guys to do a test load in the SEA for some night next week.

and Thank you!
Ripsnort
« Last Edit: June 20, 2002, 07:49:17 AM by Ripsnort »