Author Topic: Missions  (Read 300 times)

Offline cp52

• Zinc Member
Missions
« on: July 02, 2002, 10:15:27 AM »
When setting up a mission, how do you get the planes to start on the runway rather than in a hangar- very embarrassing to run my first mission and have everyone struggling with hangar takeoffs!  Also, any other "Nice-to-knows" about missions?  Thanks.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Missions
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 11:14:36 AM »
In the mission building panel, in the lower right corner you'll see a pattern of circles that represent the runways and hangar.  Click on a circle and that's the direction that  the flight will launch.  The middle circle is the hangar, and is the default. The circles around the outside are the ends of the runways.

This only works if you're a Rook launching against Bishops, or a Bishop launching against Rooks.  Missions designed against Knights will result in the immediate termination of the program with a full hard-drive crash that will wipe out all of your data, including your birth certificate and Social Security number, and will result in an entry being made into your Permanent File that your future teachers and bosses will review bi-monthly.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2002, 11:19:55 AM by gofaster »

Offline cp52

• Zinc Member
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 11:48:33 AM »
Thanks for the answer and the chuckle goFaster!:)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Missions
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 01:26:27 PM »
Also, I you have loaded a SAVED mission, each time you reload it, you will have to reassign the runways. If you don't do this, it will default to start the mission in the hangars.

TIP:

If running medium to long range missions, it is good to load the fuel percentage at a good "fighting" level and add Drop Tanks to the plane. The drop tanks will be used first while traveling to target. Once at the target, drop the tanks and you will be left with the percentage that you originally loaded ("fighting" level).
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline cp52

• Zinc Member
Radio onmission?
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 05:58:47 PM »
Great answers, let me ask one more thing- can you set up a separate voice radio channel for the mission and how? Thanks.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Missions
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 10:26:33 PM »
select MISSION from the V channel box(i think)
or just tell everyone to tune a specific channel

SKurj

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Missions
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2002, 12:38:22 AM »
I forget who, and of course, I can't find it now but there was a GREAT post on making missions. It may have been by Ripsnort, but don't quote me on that. Also, make sure you don't takeoff into a mountain, like I did on one of my first large B17 missions.
I can laugh about it now, but then it was u g l y.

fuzeman

[ Anyone know where that post is?? ]

Found it, I punted it to the top.
Check out this post. Lot's of info on mission making.

Mission Building Generals:Open discussion
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14115

« Last Edit: July 11, 2002, 12:48:12 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline cp52

• Zinc Member
Thans all- great info!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2002, 08:05:13 AM »
Thsi will help a lot!  Thanks for answering!!:D