Author Topic: Post your 1.10 experience here! (plz!)  (Read 337 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Post your 1.10 experience here! (plz!)
« on: July 03, 2002, 01:10:32 PM »
THX for the wondeful upgrade HTC!

I admit this thread is a shallow attempt to milk any sort of info out of those who got their hands on 1.10 :D.. It is 3:00 AM where I am, and my computer is unavailable! I saw the news, but I won't be able to try 1.10 for about 12 hours :D (AAAAAAGHHH!!)

So people, please please please tell us who are temporarily deprived of 1.10... what's it like? (embarassing! This is something like a virgin high school boy asking what 'sex' is like to other boys.. ! :) )

How are the bombers implemented??? How do the formations work?? Is there any help file on bomb sight calibration?? How's the P-40?? What about the Wildcat?? What about the sinister white Zero??!

Anyhow, looking forward to trying it after 12 hours... :D Aggh.. the wait is killing me!

Thx for working so hard to bringing us this upgrade.. wtg HTC!

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 01:36:10 PM »
The F4F Wildcat is awsome!!!!!

:D :D :D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 01:39:08 PM »
I like 1.10 alot, and 99,9% is excellent so far.

except:

Map colour (pls make atleast half the map in the good old green colour)

Altitudes ( i dont get feel of alt now as I did in the old maps, maybe because of the VERY hilly terrain)

I want a map that has a bit "flatter" and has more ocean

hmmmm.. thas it so far, ill be back with more

Offline HeLLcAt

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/xiZm04
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 01:42:49 PM »
I have flown all the new planes offline. It looks like the new planes kick ass. I did fly the P-40E online and it is awesome!!! What a great plane. Great perk builder also. to HTC, Superfly, Natedog, Ronni and everyone else. This is the greatest patch yet.

~BlueiceJ~

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 01:57:40 PM »
Took me FOREVER, but finally managed to drop accurately...after practise it is quite simple....so far 1.10 is 10 outa 10
Enjoyed the Boston, and A-20G.

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline VWE001

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2002, 02:00:53 PM »
I flew the White Zero just a little while ago... shot down 1 white Zero circling my field then pounced a P-40E! I got em both the last was a true classic dog fight! :D

Offline Elysian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 02:04:44 PM »
Gotta say the a20 looks to be a killer...  Turns great for it's size, 8 .50s packed in tight in the nose, you get the picture :).

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2002, 02:07:33 PM »
It's great (and warpy :D )
It's really great!
I like the explosions when i kill htose buff formations :D

THX HT

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2002, 03:48:29 PM »
I had only few minutes time to be in MA and first thing was HUGE ENEMY warps. I couldnt hit anything.

Anyway.. it is awesome patch! :D HT
I am a spy!

Offline RRAM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2002, 03:50:04 PM »
BIG warps. and I mean BIG

the rest is awesome :D

Offline RRAM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2002, 03:55:22 PM »
BTW

Originally posted by Elysian
Gotta say the a20 looks to be a killer...  Turns great for it's size, 8 .50s packed in tight in the nose, you get the picture :).

A20 has 6x50 cals in the nose, not 8 :).

it shows 8 MGs in hangar because it's got another two in the dorsal turret.

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2002, 03:57:52 PM »
huge warps and  it is much too brown for me.

all of the brown is cornfuzing.

other than that i like the new planes.

Offline Tuck

• Copper Member
      • http://hometown.aol.com/tuck0006/
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2002, 04:15:20 PM »
ok.....in regards to the warping:  it's more than likely due to the fact that EVERYONE and their mother is downloading the new version, and it's putting a bit of a strain on the bandwidth.  happens with all the new releases...think about it.

secondly...for those complaining (already) about the "tan" terrain:  for crying out loud!  the other terrains were so green it was tooooooo green.  enjoy the desert terrain...geez!  it's a GREAT change!

excellent work kids at htc!  you guys are getting a case o' adult beverage this Christmas from northeast tennessee!  woohoo!

:)  :)  :)  :)

The Tuckster

How's My Flying?  Call 1-800-BITEME

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2002, 04:18:14 PM »
Playing it offline, my warps are so bad, every person who's killed me has freaked out.

I don't know if it's just me, but within about 500 yards I get not just warps, but the target literally flies all over my whole front view.  Several people have said that it was just me who was really bad, so to keep from driving others nuts I'll just hang out offline till it gets fixed, as I've checked my isp, and it's fine to 10 other online games at the moment.

The bombing is pretty cool, and very, very tough.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2002, 04:47:16 PM »
1.10 experience...

After 2 hours DL'ing the update, the installer aborted with an error about stdshape.res being nonstandard.

I'm holding off a full install download until I get a tech support forum reply since that would be lots of extra pain over my modem.

edit:

I manually re-ran the installer and it installed ok.  I did see some bugs/problems though.

First, terrain tiles were flickering in and out.  I could see this effect (mostly masked but I could see it) through the instrument panel (spit 9) but it was mostly visible looking out the side of the cockpit over the wing.  I'd see what looked like a few dozen terrain tiles just wink in and out.  

FWIW, I was seeing 40-60 fps at 1280x1024, about 10-30 fps drop from 1.09, using an Athlon 1.4 and GeForce2.

Second, I don't like having voice but since I can't turn it off, I turn it all the way down.  This has the side effect of every time there's a voice message received, the master volume is muted for the duration of the voice transmission.  Irritating, and I can't tell if this is deliberate or a bug.  Either way, I want a button to turn the radio off entirely.  I can't afford the bandwidth, cpu cycles, or brain cells so I want an off switch for the voice radio.

This isn't a bug but it's odd - the map has a few buttons to turn on and off various map legends and information, but the buttons have symbols and no words.  There is no mouse-over popup either, so you have to guess what the symbol means (or read the manual and then try to remember it).  The one for winds looks like a toilet-bowl flush swirly so I'll remember that, and the other icons are sorta explanatory once you mess with them some, but mouse-over text would be very nice.

HT has identified other bugs (lancaster has no bombsight, oops) so there's a patch OTW already.  

end edit
« Last Edit: July 03, 2002, 05:08:30 PM by eagl »
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.