Author Topic: Well Done HTC  (Read 132 times)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Well Done HTC
« on: July 04, 2002, 02:05:53 AM »
You've added three things I've desired all along.

1) The P-40, and two flavors to boot!
2) The particle system, which I hope sees further application.
3) The bomber formations, but more importantly the calibration routine.

Oh, there's more I enjoy about the latest update.

Well done and thank you very much! :)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Well Done HTC
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 08:22:57 AM »
I was searching threads for people that really wanted the P40, "desired" it if you will to see how they have done online with it. Reason being to test Laz2's theory on early war planes being about useless in the MA (something like that, how I feel at least).

This is the 1st I found where someone really made a point to say how much they really wanted the P40, nothing more than that.

Anyway, Voss, I think you have 2 kills in the P40 E, 1 death, and no kills and deaths in the P40B out of nearly 620 total kills. Also, all your kills are in the best of the late war unperked fighters, LA7, P51 (D model even), and the Typhoon. Even you must find that odd?

I can search for more stats and threads of people that really lobbied for the P40, but I think it's easy to conclude that for some reason, people do not want to get completely destroyed in  antique planes in the MA. Weird eh?

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Well Done HTC
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 08:35:39 AM »
I never posted about wanting the P-40, however, it has always been one of my favorite aircraft and I was anticipating it's arrival here in AH.

Unfortunately, trying to fly this bird from the high alt fields and fight against late model aircraft is not alot of fun....work hard to gain the advantage and they simply extend away.

Can the P-40 be flown successfully in the current MA enviroment? Absolutely! I just do not have the patience to do it.

Now while this may appear to be a problem with late vs. early rides, I'm confident HT will address this and make whatever adjustments he deems necessary to improve gameplay. Until then, I remain in my favorite ride of all time, the P-51. When Dale makes a correction to the arena play, then I will saddle up a P-40.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Well Done HTC
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 08:35:52 AM »
this will be a long thread
weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Re: Well Done HTC
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 08:35:54 AM »
Originally posted by Voss