Author Topic: I Gotta say it...  (Read 90 times)

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
I Gotta say it...
« on: July 04, 2002, 03:46:28 AM »
Love the new aircraft,formations,etc in 1.10,but a couple of things are puttting me off playing,the new bombing procedure and this map from hell.
 I have a feeling bombing has been made so much more difficult it may put a lot of new people coming into the game off it,its sure put me off bombing.Im sure that an easier way could have been found that would not have resulted in the old 'laser guided bombing'.
 The 'map',large maps good,at long last,,but my god,does it have to be so cluttered?,it was bad enough with the old maps trying to read all the icons etc but this is going too far.Ive never been a fan of these fantasy maps,especially for a main arena,the canyons have been taken too far and the alts of a lot of bases leave a lot to be desired.Go the whole way and bring in some X-Wings.
 Im thinking of moving to the 'Combat theatre',and leave the MA to the Star Wars fans,and lastly,will someone PLEASE re-name the CT to the 'WW2 Arena' or 'WW2 Historical Arena' as the present name does NOT describe what goes on in there,Im sure a hell of a lot more people would go in and stay in if this present daft name was changed.
Joc

Offline RRAM

• Nickel Member
I Gotta say it...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 05:35:11 AM »
The first bomb drop I did I hit square on on my target...of course my target was an area target, not an hangar or something as small as that. Since then I just missed one drop outta nine or ten, not sure, and that because I did the things in a hurry instead of taking my time to do a proper run.

Bombing is still very easy, but not for point targets. Aim for cities and grouped targets. ANd not if you don't set a proper buff run.

It takes skill, yes. some patience (not much), yes. But it is GREAT and is easy. If you still think is hard, try reading the help section, because that means you  haven't done it :).

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
I Gotta say it...
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2002, 07:24:52 AM »
the map is no more cluttered then any other. its just 4 x the size of the other maps and is squeezed into the same size clipboard map.

Bases are still all within 20-25 miles of each other just like all the others.

70-80 per 256x256 in 512 x 512 you get 4 x 70-80

There are no more fields per 25 mile square then before.

Use insert/delete to zoom in theres no need to view anymore then 125-75 of map on ur clipboard. If you cant find a specific field use the DOT >>> .move command.

I honestly dont get it. I can see the arguement that with the average alt @7k or so being to high. 12k bases aren't to my liking but overall gameplay has been enhanced.