Author Topic: Buff damage bug  (Read 116 times)

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
Buff damage bug
« on: July 04, 2002, 10:45:29 AM »
Since posts dont show up in the bug forum, I thought I'd post this small bug report here.

When the lead plane of a buff formation gets hit in the engines and the engines start, for example, losing oil, and you bail after that, the damage is transferred to the plane you jump to. Example: a Niki damaged my engine 2 and 3 oil, and lotsa other things so I had to bail and go to the next bomber. The niki is killed and I fly on... when suddenly engine 2 fails, for no reason... the damage list is all green... and then engine 3 fails too.

Quite annoying to crash in an otherwise perfectly good plane.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Buff damage bug
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 11:09:28 AM »
Hope this can be fixed soon, also seen JOC mention formation bombers try to follow a bomber that is spiralling to its death. Spent a few mins online last night but the server was very laggy as everyone scrambled to download the new version. I'm really looking forward to getting some bombing done when the servers settle down!

Offline Moose1

• Copper Member
Buff damage bug
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2002, 11:13:58 AM »
I had something similarly weird happen in a Boston III formation.  A 109 slipped up behind me, blew one drone away, and took out my left landing gear before friends killed him.  I started blacking out like I was wounded, but "pilot wounded" on the damage list was green.  I reversed for home, somewhere in there my other drone went poof (I didn't see why because I was blacked out for half of the turn), and the blackouts stopped.  Three full minutes later, they came back, and "pilot wounded" was still green.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Buff damage bug
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2002, 11:26:21 AM »
You can turn those engines back on (if you're talking about what I think you are).

For instance, bomber 1 gets engine 3 knocked out.  Bombers 2 and 3 shut down engine 3 when that happens.  If/when bomber 1 dies, you can turn engine 3 on when you're in bomber 2 and 3 will start his back up as well.

Offline Keez

• Copper Member
Buff damage bug
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2002, 11:53:10 AM »
That's not what I mean, Fatty, tough I did notice that too. I really mean engines shutting down quite a bit later after you became the pilot of that buff, cause the leader was killed.