Author Topic: Mayday, Mayday...Revvin....Need Assistance...  (Read 112 times)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Mayday, Mayday...Revvin....Need Assistance...
« on: July 05, 2002, 04:49:20 PM »
Alright it's not that serious. It's about the damn Chair/Desk you built, that I'm working on.

I know, O'club, but this is an emergency.

I'm in the home stretch with this thing. Only thing left is Sanding, Upolstery, and then a sweet F6F paintjob.

Rev, how did you upolster your seat? And by that, I mean, do the staples show where you attached the fabric to the wood, or is there some clever method of hiding the fasteners, that I've not come up with.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2002, 05:35:15 PM »
Erm not built one, just posted the design, mine is still on the drawing board LOL but I think some guys have just bought foam from an upholsterers and cut it to suit.

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 05:40:47 PM »
Try this as a fix to hide those peskie staples used to secure the fabric to the backboard. Use a thinner sheet of plywood to cover the staples.:D

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2002, 06:50:35 PM »
Excellent idea, Weave.

Thanks.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2002, 06:29:27 AM »
Muckmaw please post some pics of your cockpit mate, will give me a bit more inspiration to get mine done :) Also I posted links to the designer of the cockpit who has been watching these threads as well as other forums as he is trying to get some feedback because he wants to sell pre-cut cockpits to those who perhaps don't have the tools or carpentry skills. Don't worry he's still got the plans up for a free download but now also offers unpainted and painted kits.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2002, 06:32:21 AM by Revvin »