Author Topic: Achtung, JG2! Scramble, scramble....  (Read 174 times)

Rojo

Achtung, JG2! Scramble, scramble....
« on: July 11, 2000, 10:02:00 AM »
A reminder regarding the "Special Mission" tomorrow. I sent an e-mail to Ripsnort with details, which he forwarded to the new CO of JG2.  I have not heard back on who has volunteered for this, so I figured I'd better post something here.  This mission is a live demonstration to some important potential customers for HiTech Creations.  I can't give any other details at this time...just trust me .  

To reiterate, I need four JG2 pilots to man Bf109G-10's (probably should have a fifth pilot planned as a contingency). Mission time is approximately 1730 EST in the TA. Please be there at least 15 min before mission time, and be ready to fly. Your job will be to scramble upon positive radar contact (dots, not just a radar-bar) to intercept an inbound raid of unspecified composition; in short, you're protecting your airbase.

NOTE to JG2 Pilots: Four 109's is a requirement for play-balance. If we have more pilots than that show up, please be understanding if we say "Thanks, but we can't use you this time." Of course, anyone is welcome to jump into another plane as an observer, if the pilot will take you .

NOTE to everyone else: Please be understanding and stay well clear of the action in the TA for this hour (SW quarter of the map).  We're trying to demonstrate the immersiveness of this product, among other things, and MUST NOT have any other aircraft near by to spoil the historical and balanced flavor of this demonstration. Thanks.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2000, 10:18:00 AM »
Usually the crowd (FFA's) hang out at A1....sometimes A13. If ya steer clear of there you should be clear of any potential hassles.

FWIW, A23 is a pretty impressive field.

Good luck Rojo!

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2000, 10:50:00 AM »
I think that JG2 will have enough pilots in the TA for you. We had been told that it was to occur at 1700 EST, but 1730 EST is a much better time (for me at least).

Sour

------------------
Sour
JG-2 Richthofen

"Hey - someone has to be the target...."

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2000, 12:03:00 PM »
I agree.  I should be able to make it home before 1730 without breaking any land-speed records.

Mickey

Rojo

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2000, 06:41:00 PM »
Sounds great, guys. Thanks.

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)