Author Topic: I apologize to the board!  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
I apologize to the board!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2001, 03:36:00 AM »
I believe that's a sign of being 'affected', DejaVu.

Kind of like how Whitney Houston once said, 'Whitney doesn't do stairs.'
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »
I find it interesting that the author doesn't attempt to save face and defend his book, and military <ahem> history.  Makes me suspect the accusers are right on the mark and the only thing close to military service he saw was holding a baton full of nickels while in a Salvation Army uniform.

But, I could be wrong   :)

Offline Hedu of JG26 Warbirds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »
Just to let you all know, the quotes Bobn used to pump up his book are mistakes.  Burbank said himself that know one knows what the book is fully like, not even the author, cause no one has seen it fully completed yet.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
I meant the WHOLE affair,from the Bobn fibbing his historical past to the gang banging on him...those kind of threads are nasty.

Offline Hedu of JG26 Warbirds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2001, 02:32:00 AM »
Rip, He brought it all on himself.  When someone is that much of a pariah on a community, then the community had to do something.  I have yet to meet anyone who isn't happy with how the whole thing turned out.

Rip, he called Firefox a "hairlip", then invited himself to the NW breakfast that Firefox organized.  Even Bobn's friends had to to tell him that was out of bounds.

Gang-Bang?  I just don't see that as a description that fits.  We acted as a community, to keep our community a welcome place.  Some mud got slung, but with the anonimity of the net, thats expected.  I would hope that AH nevers have to go through what we did, but I also bet you guys would stand up for your community the way we did.