Author Topic: Claiming kills – fresh idea  (Read 468 times)

Offline -aper-

• Nickel Member
Claiming kills – fresh idea
« on: September 04, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »
I suggest the very simple idea:
Server should not send kill/death messages at all but store all the info somewhere.
Each player claims his victories after each sortie. During the tour of duty HTC score page shows only the  statistics based on claimed kill/death. The real score is unavailable till the end of the tour.
In the end of the tour the real score becomes available and we can compare our 'claimes' with our real scores. There should be nominations for the most 'honest' pilot, the most 'optimistic' and the most 'pessimistic' pilots as well

dbcooper

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2000, 10:31:00 AM »
 Would"t work aper. I would always claim 0 kills and would dominate "most honest pilot".  

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2000, 11:44:00 AM »
If you claim your own death really quick will you get awarded it?  

'Nexx'
NEXX

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2000, 12:39:00 PM »
Interesting, but I don't think it will be well recieved amongst kill-hungry souls desperate to know who they shot or got kill by instantly.
A compromise could be to let players type their claims after each mission end and then let the game reveal the actual kills and names of those. That way you can still have your reward for the pilots.
I bet the numbers will get real funny, in furballs with snapshots all over. Interesting to see if we will get the historical kill overestimation.

------------------
Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2000, 01:17:00 PM »
This sounds like a pretty interesting idea, but then how do I go about pissing off my squad mates if they won't see an assist message after I swoop down and destroy the plane they just blasted a wing off of?  

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline -aper-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2000, 07:06:00 AM »
Of course it's a very rough idea and needs to be developed in details at first.

But there are already some positive things.
From one hand it gives the advantages that the players being frustrated couldn't switch to personalities. May be the game will become somewhat more friendly. Frome the other hand it'll provide some more 'realism' to the sim. The WWII pilots didn't receive kill messages during their sorties.
The opposite side is while being unrecognized the players could use it for some kinds of evil dweebery (shooting chutes etc).

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2000, 07:38:00 AM »

Originally posted by -aper-:
The opposite side is while being unrecognized the players could use it for some kinds of evil dweebery (shooting chutes etc).

Could this be an added search in the Stats page. Just make the chute another plane, might make interesting reading   Would troop strafing count as chute killing?

TTFN
snafu

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2000, 07:53:00 AM »
I am all for it, as I am more after historical accuracy than arcade accuracy  
(though, but AH providing that first thing? let me think twice)

carl

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2000, 04:39:00 PM »
Some "glitches" need to be addressed here , like the 2k local kill thingy , and the Kamakazi killers (mainly HO queens) , the 10 kill in .87 seconds a row BS , there's some weird kill tracking goin on in the stats for sure.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2000, 04:53:00 PM »
Is this guy talking with "2k thingy" as maneuver kill crediting?