Author Topic: A new perspective  (Read 664 times)

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
A new perspective
« on: November 07, 2001, 04:56:00 AM »
Recently I posted a new thread addressing the issue of unfair game play in the MA (gangbanging).  After perusing the various replies I have come to the conclusion that at least in this particular community of online sim players, voicing an opinion which is not in line with the general population is met with scorn and derision.  

However being an individual prevents me from simply going along with the "shuddup you whiner" philosophy which is most prevalent on the BBS.  I have the confidence and the individuality to come to my own conclusions and don't feel that I have to conform to fit into the narrow minded ideals of the many.

So if you don't like my posts, then please don't read them, I’m really not interested in your ideas if those ideas primarily feature the word "Whiner", "Dweeb" or are simply derogatory or intended to annoy.

Special mention must go the Rude and his childish whine of the week award.  Rude surely you have better things to do then try to embarrass or humiliate people on the BBS or are your posts simply an attempt to remove focus from yourself.  

Psychologically an attempt to belittle another is internally an attempt to make oneself feel more comfortable.  This need to feel more comfortable stemming directly from feelings of inadequacies buried within oneself.

Anyhow whatever it is Rude, you can feel assured that it only becomes self evident once a week when you post your whine of the week.

For the rest of the individuals who frequent the BBS, feel free to post your complaints (formerly know as whines) and simply ignore the real whiners who are the ever present whine whiners.

S! and be an individual, not a sheep.

:rolleyes:

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
A new perspective
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2001, 05:14:00 AM »
Don't tempt me to the Dark Side Zyg ...

:D

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
A new perspective
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2001, 05:22:00 AM »
Shaddup u whiner dweeb.

Conform or we'll beat you!

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
A new perspective
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2001, 05:49:00 AM »
What (that whiner) Zygote said.

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
A new perspective
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2001, 05:50:00 AM »
So if you don't like my posts, then please don't read them
I have to,,,,,or else i cant judge whether i like them or not  ;)
btw zygote i believe it was the hounnor/dont run thread,you refering to.
Dawvgrid

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
A new perspective
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2001, 06:09:00 AM »
I used to think this board was unfriendly. Then I spent some time elsewhere. Trust me, this board is nowhere near as unfriendly as other boards not too far away...

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
A new perspective
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2001, 07:20:00 AM »
Well not all of you but all the girls who run away like cowards, then turn around when i'm engaged and vulch me. You suck, you have no honor, you are the epitomy of dweebiness. You stink, no, you stink alot!

Sorry to hear that Zygote, nothing personal. Someone answered taking it as a joke, I answered putting a clear   ;). Do you really want a serious and costructive reply? Ok, I bite the bait.

If you engage a fast fighter like a Pony or a Fw190 or even a very smart pilot in a not-so-fast a/c the first thing you have to expect is that he'll bug out when in trouble. In the meantime, if your SA is so low that you are bounced by another foe ... how can you cry if the former foe comes back to hit you? The problem is not the unfair former foe ... the problem is that you have got bounced by an incoming bandit you didnt see. And what about squaddies hunting in pairs with loose deuce techniques? Shifting continuously the leader/wingman positions is the core of the hunting tactic.

AH has radar bars, radar dots, a wonderful 6 o'clock view system, fast 1-click 6 o'clock warnings, well working RogerWilco ... hell if you come down on a prey and you get bounced ... well, dont expect mercy. The gameish part of the sim will ever win over chivalry and fair play. Sad but true.

No flame, nothing personal ... enjoy the sim and good hunting!

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: gatt ]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
A new perspective
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2001, 07:25:00 AM »
Yes, I was caught in the conflict of personalities, too. The first post practically invited spurious rebuttals, yet this post comes off sounding intelligent. I decided to take the first post as a joke, as did many others as well...

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
A new perspective
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2001, 07:39:00 AM »
What Zygote said..

<S>!

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
A new perspective
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2001, 07:52:00 AM »
I report....you decide!

Oh...and Zygote....nice try :)

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Rude ]

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
A new perspective
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2001, 08:00:00 AM »
zygote... I believe that closer fields would stop some of the gangbanging.   Right now..  people can get pretty bored.  It seems that every fight you see is either 10 against one or 1 against ten and the one is allways far from home.   When he runs he gets an eight plane tail.  If there were more and closer fights it wouldn't happen as much.  

And yes... if you chase my hog in your spit... I'm gonna run away.  If you turn back then so am I.  If someone else engages you and forces you to break of I am still gonna turn back and try to kill you before he does.   I allways feel best about the kils I get on guys who chase me half a sector.
lazs

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
A new perspective
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
Original post was kinda childish, apologies.  

I had just logged off after serious gangbanging session and was kinda annoyed (which does'nt happen very often btw  :D ).  

Anyhow when I get annoyed I kinda get pyschotically sarcastic (explains smartass comments in post).

So apologies again, although I still stick by my comments above.  Constructive criticism / feedback is much much better then dweeb calling, whiner wacking or name calling imo.

Lazs, closer fields would make TnB fighters happy, but I doubt i'd get a P38 or Tiffie up off the ground.  I'd imagine there would just be huge low furballs and turbo vulching?

Am0n S!

Rude - commendable restraint   ;)

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
A new perspective
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »

Originally posted by Kweassa:

Don't tempt me to the Dark Side Zyg ...

:D

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
A new perspective
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2001, 09:45:00 AM »
Yet another post where lazs thinks we should all play his way.. :D  ;)

Just kidding. Really, people feel that if they are insulted, they must respond in an equal or more harsh fashion because it makes them feel better. Why do you think arguements always escalate into yelling matches? People naturally whine about things they eitnher don't like or want changed. Some go as far as to yell or threaten or otherwise if they don't get there way, and that is human nature. Go with the fact that some people are natural born amazinhunks with only themselves in mind...<G>

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
A new perspective
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
Gee Zygote, I havn't even vulched ya this week! Time for a change of planes for ya I think.  :)

Grab a mossie & HO em all for a few days, trust me does wonders for the ego.   :)