Author Topic: need help with pics  (Read 673 times)

Offline BDBAL

• Zinc Member
need help with pics
« on: July 17, 2002, 07:47:31 PM »
need help in posting pics. I have changed the screen shot from a .bmp file to a .jpg file, yet the host says my file is to large to attatch. The screen shot in question is 286KB. I am a computer neophyte (aka dweeb) and I dont know how to create a smaller file for posting; any detailed help would be appreciated.

BDBAL

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
need help with pics
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 08:33:32 PM »
easy---->resize the image

medium---->reduce color depth

hard----->increase the compression (requires program that gives you a choice like Photoshop

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
need help with pics
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 12:19:58 AM »
Changing compression is easy, just need a free editor.  I posted the info here

Since I am here :)  I will attach a pic I did the other night.  This is 3 screen shots put together.  I cropped three screen shots and copied and pasted them into a new file.  I then reduced the size to about half.  Then compressed down to about an 80K JPG.  I did use Paint Shop Pro for this one, but Irfanview works great for single screen shots.

Gunner
« Last Edit: July 18, 2002, 12:26:34 AM by GunnerCAF »
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline CDR Akira

• Copper Member
need help with pics
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 10:31:01 AM »
Nice;)

looks likea cutaway of a ww2 bomber formation being attacked

you know the layer formations

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
need help with pics
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 12:38:59 PM »
hmmm anyone know how to get that aged look with the gimp...i also need to know how to get a part of a pic from one pic to another and not mess up the background while using the gimp...???

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
need help with pics
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2002, 11:19:14 PM »
anyone know how to get that aged look with the gimp

I'm no pro at this, but just keep pushing buttons including the undo button :)  Most graphics programs, you can convert the picture to a grey scale pic.  And other more advanced programs have a Sepia effect.  The Sepia will give a yellowish color.  

I am not sure what a gimp is, but some programs also have borders you can put around them.  The one I am using has several old picture borders.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force