Author Topic: "Gun Jams"  (Read 259 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
"Gun Jams"
« on: July 19, 2002, 04:25:27 PM »
I've never had this problem before 1.10, but now the guns sometimes fail to fire or quit firing when I press the joystick button.  I have to release and press again.. sometimes several times.  The joystick is a MS SW FF2 USB.  Testing the joystick in Control Panel, Joysticks shows that there is no 'bounce' or intermittancy on the joystick buttons.

I've heard over the AH Voice that other people sometimes have this problem with 1.10.  Anyone have a solution?  It's kind of annoying ;).  Last night I had a rare perfect jump of an F6F: closed to 250 yds without him seeing me.  Open fired and put exactly two 0.303's into him before the guns quit.  Just enough to warn him ;).

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
"Gun Jams"
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 04:29:57 PM »
Ditto my stick..(FFB1 and 2)..Are your views with hat switch laggy as well?..laggy
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
"Gun Jams"
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 04:42:38 PM »
I've had the same problem.
I've got 3 buttons configured for firring guns

1button fires only MG rounds
2button fires only Cannon rounds
3button fires both MG and Cannon rounds

1button usually works fine by itself without a problem but mash both 1&2 at the same time and I get the stutter/jam. I also get the jam when using just the 3button.

I've noticed that if I remove the drivers for the X45 and let XP manage the controller with DX then I rarely see the stutter/jam. But it still happens occasionaly.

System Specs:
Compaq Workstation 300
p4 1.5GHz
1Gb RDRAM
GeForce2
Adaptec 29160 scsi
onboard AC97 sound
WinXP
X45, CHproUSB pedals

Offline 715

• Silver Member
"Gun Jams"
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 04:42:43 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
Ditto my stick..(FFB1 and 2)..Are your views with hat switch laggy as well?..laggy

I've not noticed it with the hat switch, but perhaps.. having the guns quit firing is more 'memorable' than having the view snap or fail to snap.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
"Gun Jams"
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2002, 04:49:07 PM »
Also buttons #7 and #8 (FFB 2 stik)won't map in AH...They work in joystick properties ok though.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**