Author Topic: Same Squad/Different Commitments/Both TODs  (Read 387 times)

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
Same Squad/Different Commitments/Both TODs
« on: July 20, 2002, 11:51:20 AM »
Dilemma:   :confused:

I apologize if this issue has been addressed in some other BB or Forum somewhere. I searched the last 100 days in here, scoured the rules, checked the general discussions forum and found nothing.

The problem(s) is(are) this(these):

Background:

We have a lot of people in our squad who like to fly in the TODs.
Due to scheduling, we have some who can fly on Fridays but not Sundays and vice-versa. This includes those in the CO positions for each night.

Up until recently, this hasn't been a problem as our Friday participants flew under the NightMares colors, while our Sunday participants flew under Airmageddon colors as a registered squad for Sunday TODs. The squad is registered under Rotty's ID.

Due to squad size limitations and the increasing participation by members of our squad on Fridays, we have become registered as a Friday TOD squad also, under my ID. ( APDrone )

Problem case #1:

A couple of weeks ago, I desired to play in the Sunday TOD.  Unfortunately, to be able to play, one, theoretically, needs to be a member of a registered squad, so I had to disband our Friday squad so I could join the Sunday squad.  

Ya might want to reread that last paragraph as that seems to be where the headaches begin.

Possible solution, define squad with a single CO in both TOD registrys.   Which leads to ....

Problem case #2

In order to accurately report the attendance/roster requirements 'window' we have to define the Sunday TOD as having 7 - 10 participants, but the Friday TOD as having 11 - 15 participants.

We cannot do this as a single squad definition, as there is only 1 field available for the number of participants in the dossier, there are different Databases associated with those squads registered in the Sunday TOD vs. the Friday TOD, but the SEA only recognizes a single squad definition.

Here, again, ya might want to reread that last paragraph, as we've probably just hit Excedrin Headache #357.

Otherwise we have...

Problem case #3

With multiple squad 'registries', the participants would have to constantly withdraw and re-join the different squads each TOD if they ever participated in both days.. and if the COs wished to play in both, they would have to disband the squad associated with their preferred TOD night and then rebuild/invite afterward.

Big time admin headache here!

I think.

Now, if I understand the structure as I've seen it, it appears that the 'Registry' of squads is independant of the actual roster, so even though Airmageddon has no members in the Friday TOD registry, as long as the names of the squads are the same in both TOD registries, we should still be able to play, as the size limitations would be based on the registry entry for that TOD.

To kinda clarify that last paragraph, here's what we've set up.

Rotty is CO of Airmageddon in the Sunday TOD database.

APDrone is CO of Airmageddon in the Friday TOD database.

Rotty's squad is defined as 7 - 10 members.

APDrone's squad is defined as 11 - 15 members.

The squad names are almost identical.

All members  ( including APDrone ) are members of the Airmageddon squad that is registered with Rotty as the CO.

I am receiving the appropriate e-mail from the Friday TOD CMs, so the lack of me being defined as the CO in the arena doesn't seem to matter.

So, does all this make sense?

Do we need to manage things differently?

Just want to minimize confusion at muster time.

Thanks!

<.S>
Drone ( APDrone )
Airmageddon CO
http://www.airmageddon.org
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group