Author Topic: Warps and Congestion  (Read 103 times)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Warps and Congestion
« on: July 23, 2002, 01:16:52 PM »
Y'all notice that when someone decides to do a suicice run on a base that has a ton of friendly planes protecting it that the odds of the suicide attacker warping are greater than when the odds are even?

I don't know how many times I've seen this happen and the funny thing is that the friendly planes seem to fly smooth as can be.

I think I remember HT saying that the code was changed to give the enemy plane a higher priority as far as packet info is concerned...If so then there MAY be some sort of bug in the coding.

I'm no techie but that's what I feel is happening.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Warps and Congestion
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 01:18:31 PM »
He changed the priority that the models are displayed, don't think he changed the priority of how you recieve updates on more frequently. It's probably the same way it was before, the people closer to you are being updated more frequently than those further away from you.
-SW

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Warps and Congestion
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 01:28:50 PM »
All the people having trouble maintaining the UDP protocol is probably the reason.

With all the people having problems staying connected the cause must be there somewhere.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Warps and Congestion
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 01:36:45 PM »
I dunno, but I'm willing to bet it's just the pipes are overloaded.

Especially on these smaller maps, the fights get so congested that you usually are fighting squid-planes.

The connection problems existed before 1.10 came out, warps and discos in 1.09.. probably due to extremely congested fights in several locations on these small maps.

You want the small maps back, you get congested fights and the pipes on HTC's side get pretty loaded. Big map, fights were more spread out and there was far less warping.
-SW