Author Topic: whats up with the Rubber bullets?  (Read 128 times)

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
whats up with the Rubber bullets?
« on: July 26, 2002, 07:40:05 AM »
since i have been flying  this new version.

i am not having any luck knocking  the nme down.

i have my convergence set at 350 and i pull the trigger at 350 and closer.

i get hit sprites all over the place and i should be knocking  my targets down  with ease.  but , no way.  my  connect is fine so i know it is not that.  

are the folks flying  the cannon planes having the same problem or is it just  the guys who use the  .50 cal's.

everyone  i have talked with that flys the 50 cal AC said they are having the same problems.

tried the vsync thing checked my ping times they are in the 50's and checked my convergence . it  has been that bad.  i cant seem to do any damage to the nme.

from a dead 6 gun solution  and hosing down the nme aircraft  i might get lucky and do a little damage.  this is getting frustrating along with the uber LA7's sheesh unperk the spit 14 and perk that damn thing.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 01:51:28 PM »
Over the past week I have experienced the same thing. But it seems to be different each time I have flown. Last Friday/Saturday early a.m. I flew an f4U1D and did okay but, Sunday and monday nights I could only manage a boatload of assists. I tried cannon armed a/c and didnt have much more success either.

Offline BaD kaRmA 158Th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 07:28:44 AM »
Hmm, i to am haveing truble geting solid hits on planes.
before patch 2 my p40 would CHEW up Spit fires..but now in a chase..the ammo just..bounces off or something.
But then WHAM *other times* one short burst will split them open.

While others just..dunno..do nothing,damn near.
some times its like im fireing 6 .20mm's..then its like im fireing 6 .308's *Tilts head*.

Anyone else?

BaD kaRmA, out.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 08:32:29 AM »
I flew last night... probably 10-12 sorties... horrible horrible night... think I got 2 or 3 kills total and an assist or two.

I died a lot so I'm rather certain that the bullets are working. They seemed to have no difficulty finding me.
sand

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 08:50:07 AM »
I mostly fly .50 armed planes, havn't had any problems.  Even my FM2 will shear parts off with small bursts.

Though, one exception, the P40E.  I had to put a three to four second long burst into an la7 before it went down.  It's guns seem quite a lot weaker than an M2 .50 MG.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2002, 09:19:15 AM »
I (attempted) to vulch Nik's on the runway three times last night with an FM2.  Long bursts with hit sprites each time but only managed 3 assists.

Far from impossible that it is just my bad marksmanship however.

Offline BaD kaRmA 158Th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2002, 09:53:48 PM »
Well, its working now that i can tell.
but for some reason 4 .50 cal planes kill faster than some 6 .50 cal planes.
I dunno why..but thats how its paning out.

It would be cool to see "some" tracers bounce off of the ground if they hit right..and off of some planes if hit right.

Dunno what this would do to game play tho..

Would also like to see some smoke puffs from good hits on planes..like you see in the ww2 documentrys.
the smoke and the spark..and better sparks.. = p

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2002, 10:15:17 PM »
Mudd... I too have problems vulchin in an FM2 BUT... if i meet an airborne con no problems +)

killed a 3 lanc formation...  1 outright, the other two a teammate finished yet i got the kills

SKurj