Author Topic: This makes it all worth while...  (Read 399 times)

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
This makes it all worth while...
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »
I always find the low six perfect bounce much more satisfying than a hard fought one.
Must be comin from tons of adrenalin in my blood when the distance gets closer and closer and i hope he dont discoveres me till i am 250 yrds away, hitting the cannon trigger and watch him burn.

But i got a nice story how i evaded the "perfect bounce" on the last moment:

i was heading from A7 (lake map) N on not much fuel cause we just had a defense battle won there. But i wanted to look if N were a few cons.
When i was just about to turn i saw a black dot far away. As i close i saw a Yak down low and decided to try a one pass attack. The Yak noticed me and evade. Me low on fuel hit the deck, running home, watching as the Yak disappeared behind me.
After a while i throttled back, look aft everthing clear.
I slowed down for the final approach. Cutting throttle lowering flaps and gear. Cause i was a bit to far to the left of the runway, i turned softly right, than softly back left.
When i tough, time to check 6 a last time.
I look back, and dang there 850 yrds away a the Yak popped up on my 5 oclock. It was in a gentle left trun to get on my 6.
I pushed nose down, and than hard right, the gear streaming from the stress. The Yak close rapidly.
When it startet firing from 300 yrds, i gave full right rudder and due to the speed difference the Yak overshoot me to the left.
I turned left, now floating over my home base, preparing for the next attack. Gear was still out.
The Yak looped and the field ack cut its tail off.
Puh i survived, but that was real real close.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2001, 07:56:00 AM »
so you guys get off when you kill someone who may or may not even be at the puter?   I allways figure he must assleep or gone.   The uterus map is good for that since most are bored to sleep.
lazs

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2001, 08:13:00 AM »
My most un-perfect bounce:
Some weeks ago I was flying a P38 near the coast (island map) and divised a far, low, alone and very slow dot. I aproached at about 20k and once over him I selected all guns, switch on the dive flaps and started a steepy dive. The dot seemed stopped and I continued the dive, each second harder and harder to keep the P38 trimmed. Then, suddenly the dot started to move... ...white water trail!!! PT icon centered on screen!! Compressed!!! Tracers!!!! Panic!!!! Desperatelly I tried to get out the dive and got it just to hear a single ping ... ... half wing out!
Ok, no problem, I still have a decent control of the plane, I can return to a friendly base... But the control was not as good as I thought and I needed to start a WIDE turn to the right with no chance to turn to the left, so, I controled the aproach to land only with minimal speed variations and a constant turn to the right... then I noticed the most large horror just in front of me and slightly to the right, still far away. 20 seconds more and I was aiming direcly to the CV and no chance to turn or slowdown even more the plane.
The result of my most "perfect" bounce was to crash disintegrated by the ack against the CV  right side.

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2001, 08:28:00 AM »
While trying to get the perfectbounce I can say I'm trully mastering the perfect lawndart.

Great story, Rojo.

Cheers,

Pepe

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Pepe ]

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2001, 08:28:00 AM »
Great story Rojo, I agree on the perfect kill is the perfect bounce. Catching people unaware is a pure joy, then getting 50 yards back and putting 2-3 30mm cannonen in the cockpit with 'em. Just like real life. Unfotunately, these are few and far between due to the high powered radar.  :(

so you guys get off when you kill someone who may or may not even be at the puter? I allways figure he must assleep or gone. The uterus map is good for that since most are bored to sleep.
lazs

rgr, I really enjoy killing the sleeping dorks. Gotta love the thought of them wakeing up dead.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2001, 08:36:00 AM »
when I was younger i used to wake up ded a lot.
lazs

Offline AN

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2001, 09:48:00 AM »
I always feel disappointed when I kill someone and he doesn't even try to put up a fight.  Especially if it's a goony I'm shooting.

anRky

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2001, 11:44:00 AM »
Great story!

I did somewhat of a bounce last night in a 202 of all things.  Was going to check the acks at 30 and an La7 lifted off, headed up at me, then just kept on going.  As I approached 30, I noticed a P51 had landed well short of the runway, prop stopped.  He must have run out of gas and was trying to roll for all he was worth onto the runway to not get the "ditch" message.  

Who wouldn't pass up a Runstang kill on one that can't run   :)  Ratatatatattata and he explodes.  But in my fascination to destroy that P51 just outsides the runway, the acks chew me up.  Lost both ailerons and had to fly home with just rudder!

Trapper   :)  Sorry to pounce you like that, but I think if the tables were turned, you would have riddled me full of holes too!