Author Topic: Salute Mizu! ..and all those other knits..  (Read 760 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Salute Mizu! ..and all those other knits..
« on: January 30, 2000, 01:19:00 PM »
Sometimes it just ain't your day.

We pounded the hell outta f23 and f24 last night.. for hours. field captures in this sim are brutal..it requires incessant vulching of helpless regen planes while the gooneys try to do their thing. Sometimes the cycle gets very very intense at the regen point.

Last night; one brave knit pilot repeatedly demonstrated his determination to not let his fields go down uncontested.

During one capture cycle I saw Mizu killed over 30 times. That was just at one field. When it fell; and we went to the next.. there he was. Doggedly goin at it again. And again.. he died more than 30 times.

Later; after we'd regained control of the valley; I crossed the mountains to knitland and had a peek in at f13. There was a bish; bein chased by a knit spit and niki right on the deck while he was chasin a Mustang. I dove in..

The niki was Mizu.. I killed the spit first as he wa closet to the bish; already firng on him, and I had to flash past the niki to get to him. The niki got my elev and rudder as I made the fast from-the-back diving pass; but I managed to get up and over; and the niki went after the bish chasing the stang. I rolled back into the chase; and got the niki.

The knit mustang; still alive, has led the chase back to f13; and the spit and niki are right back on the bishes tail. Again I come down.. first to kill the spit and get him; but as I do, he gets the bish chasin the mustang (who by god ditched! LOL) With the bish dead; the mustang he was chasin ditched, and the spit chasin the bish dead; I look behind to take stock... and there's the niki. Mizu.. hot on my bellybutton and ready for a change of pace.  

In a 1v1 a Mustang is a poor plane... pitiful indeed against any fighter, and unless the Mustang has energy and altitude; his only option is extension. With my elev half gone; flat on the deck at 50 feet, I embarked on what was to be the longest extension of my AH career.

Back in 'sreaming little girl' mode; I headed into the canyon toward bishland; and the nik; tho a hair slower is right there. We travel for what seems to be an eon.. through the canyons; twisting and turning; out into the valley beyond. If I turn right for f23; he'll halve the distance he's behind me.. same if I go left to f24. So.. it's off through the hills for f20 I go.

I keep checking the dar.. there's 1 friendly. He's high tho.. he may not see the niki behind me. I think about summoning him down; but he's comming anyway. It's EYE; on tour with a spit and no doubt feels like he's struck gold, and dives in to attack. I see Mizu start to come around to meet the new threat; and I pull up and around as hard as my damaged stang can go. Mizu has foxed the spits first pass and is already lining up EYE for a kill as I get over them. I roll over; pull in and praying the elevators got enuff pull to keep me from slapping into the dirt, I give the niki a long hose...

He flames and goes in. Damn.. I felt dirty. EYE was kinda surprised.. he hadn't expected the niki to turn so well. I did.   I fiqured he'd a broken off at bingo fuel.. most would, but not Mizu. Light as hell he'da smashed that spit outta the sky on the second turn with the Spit.. then come back after me. I already had visions of the guy dying fearlessly in the ack chasing me all the way to f20 from f13!

Nope.. he won't break off, not this guy. He is without doubt the most damn determined niki pilot I've ever seen.

Salute Mizu! My hat is off to you; sir! No ride is a walk in the park with determined pilots like you in the sky. The knights oughta get together and give yah a damn medal. <S>

Hang

------------------
PALE HORSES
"I looked, and behold; a Pale Horse, and it's riders name was Death, and Hell followed with him" Rev 6.8
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2000, 01:36:00 PM »
Yep, I was there for a short time.

Saw him repeatedly try to get airborne, saw him nail a few paras and ping a few vultchers. Saw him in my sights, too.

Not a whine out of him, either. It's the game, and he was playing it full out.

Salute, Mizu!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2000, 02:27:00 PM »
Ditto what Hang said.  Mizu deserves a medal.

Gordo

dotsie

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2000, 05:47:00 PM »
What for lance, stupidity?   (Just Kidding)

Dotsie.

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2000, 12:19:00 AM »
Hummmm Quaker?

------------------
May all spitfires explode on takeoff!