Author Topic: Con 2v2  (Read 228 times)

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
Con 2v2
« on: August 05, 2002, 12:04:53 PM »
Nice turn out this year, with 64 pilots teaming up to take part in the 2v2.  The con 2v2 is a unique experience, and one that is quite different from the standard tournaments that we see from time to time.  Having your peers stare over your shoulder while dueling is a feeling that is both exciting and nerve racking.  It was fun to see guys jumping up and rushing over to those they had just fought with hands shaking recapping  the duel.  Win or lose smiles were abundant except for the occasional slamming of earphones.  It's an intense fun that is hard to replicate when we are in the comforts of our homes.  

Eagl and I once again teamed up for what would be our 3rd championship in a row.  Going through some great teams to get to the finals.  Special to the following teams:

bye/bye (these dweebs just flat out sucked)
akpreon/darkstar
mathman/fatty
hooligan/aknimitz

and finally, the pair that took the top bracket by storm.  
Shift/Sirloin

These 2 caught the attention of everyone as they marched to the finals beating out some really good teams.  Our fight with them was no exception.  outstanding flying.  

Special thanks to AKNuttz, who donated Jackets to both Eagl and I.  They look fantastic!

Eagl and I are retiring from dueling, and will now watch from the sidelines.  Its been a blast participating in this format every year since 1997(warbirds w/scop).  I've been a part of  some classic fights, and will truely miss it.  Good luck to the guys for the years to come.

Eagl Big pards...  Not many can just plug in their stuff once a year and fly like you do.  I guess being a F-15 jock helps. ;)  You have been a super partner over the years.  Now we can sit back and have a drink watching the others take the stick.    

I can't forget pyro, who bet against us this year.  
I know you believe. ;)

Drex
« Last Edit: August 05, 2002, 12:08:57 PM by Drex »

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Con 2v2
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 01:28:43 PM »
Sounds great drex. Wish I coulda been there man. :(

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Con 2v2
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 02:38:51 PM »
How come you tried to recruit me as your partner when Eagl was there?  Hello eagl! I think Drex was trying to replace you! ;)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Con 2v2
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2002, 02:38:55 PM »
He really does suck.:)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Con 2v2
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2002, 02:47:58 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
How come you tried to recruit me as your partner when Eagl was there?  Hello eagl! I think Drex was trying to replace you! ;)

I think these are grounds for banning drex from 2 vs. 2 competitions for the next 10 years. These are serious allegations that must be looked into.

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
Con 2v2
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2002, 02:49:31 PM »
Congrats Drex+eagl

Sorry I missed your final showing, I "will" catch you at next years con. Or at hooligan's, perhaps I will play some golf this time, I can't possibly be worse that hooligan. ;)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Con 2v2
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2002, 08:38:28 PM »
Thanks for holding out for me during the first round Drex :)  Showing up 2 hours late nearly cost me my seat...

A big SALUTE! to everyone we fought, and a super-big SALUTE to Drex for flying with me.  I probably won't be able to make it to the next con or three so I'm glad I was able to see everyone there before I get stationed somewhere out of reach of Texas.

One thing I'd like to say about the outcome - It was disappointing to see some of the people who DIDN'T EVEN COMPETE in the tournament scoff at the results, because that was totally disrespectful to the other competitors.  Take your shots at me or Drex (we can take it), but it's pretty low to disregard how skillfully the other competitors flew during the tourny.  Everyone who flew in the tourny fought with honor and earned the respect of the other competitors, regardless of how far they made it up the ladder.  I hope that next year the non-competitors on the sidelines will be able to cheer instead of making snide remarks.

My $.02...  I enjoyed the heck out of the con even though I had to leave early.  The dueling tournament was the flying highlight for me this year thanks to both Drex and the quality competitors we faced.  Thanks to HTC for putting on another great con!
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Con 2v2
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2002, 08:54:01 PM »
Congrats to Drex/Eagl!  Nice way to end on top.

Now who has the film of the final match!?
JG11

Vater

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Re: Con 2v2
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2002, 06:39:10 AM »
Eagl and I are retiring from dueling, and will now watch from the sidelines. [/B]

I hope you're kidding Drex. :(

curly

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Con 2v2
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2002, 07:36:57 AM »
He said that last year too Curly. :)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Con 2v2
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2002, 08:36:39 AM »

Now who has the film of the final match!?

I was watching the 2v2 over Shifts shoulder, he forgot to film the 1st encounter and I did not want to bug him whie he was in flight to turn it on. Before the second flight I alerted him and he filmed the Spit1 fight. Unfortunatly it was over immediately after the merge, but he DOES have the film!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
Con 2v2
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2002, 10:04:13 AM »
What kinda merges did you guys see? Did everyone to a quick immelman after every merge? Were there any long extensions? Post some film here if anybody's got any.

Also, you guys who participated in the con 2vs.2 duels should participate in Exiles. We're registering now. We need 32 pairs. Read about it here.

It's really fun with lotsa good guys involved.

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
Re: Con 2v2
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2002, 10:56:33 AM »
Originally posted by Drex
Nice turn out this year, with 64 pilots teaming up to take part in the 2v2.  
Drex

Congratulations Drex and Eagle... Well Done!!

Any chance of seeing some of the films?

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Con 2v2
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2002, 07:47:30 AM »

Any chance of seeing some of the films?

punt
JG11

Vater

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
Con 2v2
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2002, 10:25:47 AM »
I'll load up some films after I send them to aknimitz.  He has the webspace to host.

Drex