Author Topic: GV idea  (Read 82 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
GV idea
« on: August 12, 2002, 06:31:58 AM »
Its frustrating at the moment with the fixed spawn points that the enemy always knows where your coming from and always having to ditch a GV if you spawn near to an enemy base.

I have had the idea of possible temporary GV bases, and maybe even temporary runways (where aircraft can only refuel and rearm, no spawning) that could be created either by humans, in the form of an m3 dropping off engineers, and then taking 20 mins or so until the base is set up.  
Or alternatively by setting a waypoint in similar style to moving the CV's where a convoy of trucks would go to and then automatically set the base up.

These bases would be very vunerable to attack, because they have no AA cover or fixed installations, only maybe camo covered tents etc.

The GV's would be able to spawn at the temporary GV base only, and should be able to use it as a re-arming point.

The temporary base would require supply drops from a C47 or an M3 to function, and this would bring the supply aspect of the game into full use, rather than the occasional use it see's at the moment.

Im not sure if the idea is viable or whether it would be suitable for MA.

Comments please?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2002, 06:36:09 AM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
GV idea
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 07:54:11 AM »
I've never believed the "they know where you are going to spawn" argument for one simple reason... they never know WHEN you are going to respawn.

The person using the remote spawn has all the initial advantage.  It takes time for the defenders to get in position to camp at the spawn point... and its just as likely that an attacker can do the same to them (especially at a vehicle field).

Basically, if you do this, you give the attacker the ability to bounce from one location to another.  One attacker can instantly change locations... the defender cannot.

AKDejaVu