Author Topic: Thanks for the C.205  (Read 963 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Thanks for the C.205
« on: November 10, 1999, 01:09:00 AM »
Great work Superfly  

For those interested she's a Macchi C.205V "Veltro" (greyhound) belonging to 4th Stormo CT, 9th Group, 96th Squadron.

Equipped with "Veltro" from May 1943, the 9th Group defended Rome and tried to stop the allied advance on Sicily.

The rampant horse on the white band of the fuselage is the *same* you can actually see on the Ferrari.

I hope the FM will be as good ...  

------------------
Gatt
4°Stormo CT

"In the afternoon we again did this (strafing) and what I have dreamt of happened .... A single CR42 biplane took off and climbed up to engage me. We had a dogfight below the clouds and immediately over the aerodrome. It lasted a long time, about ten minutes. He was very good and much above the average italian. We believe he was a famous italian ace who had a crack squadron of CR42's. I'm very glad to say that he managed to bail out successfully when I finally finished him off."
P/O Talbot
274 Hurricane Sqdn

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 11-10-1999).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Sascha JG 77

• Zinc Member
Thanks for the C.205
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 1999, 04:36:00 AM »
Yeah she looks beautiful, WTG guys!

The clouds look great too.

Didn t the horse originally belong to an Italian fighter pilot of WW I ?

Sascha

------------------

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Thanks for the C.205
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 1999, 04:59:00 AM »
Yes,
the rampant horse belonged to the 34 victories WWI ace Francesco Baracca: (snip)" It was gifted by the mother of Francesco, Countess Paolina Biancoli to Enzo Ferrari and is now famous throughout the world as the coat of arms adopted by his racing team (snip)".
As you can see he should have been a very tough guy ...  

Regards,
Gatt

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 11-10-1999).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Thanks for the C.205
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 1999, 05:44:00 AM »

I want to mention and to thank my Mac-friends Ferdinando D'Amico (WB id: Veltro) and Stefano Tartarotti (WB id: Tartar) for the help in researching and painting the stuff needed for the Macchi. All the scanning and drawing work has been done on Mac work stations, is it ironic enuff? ....  

Regards,
Gatt

nibbio

Thanks for the C.205
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 1999, 12:13:00 PM »
a very BIG "grazie" to Pyro and co.

I fervently hope that our friends who helped so much (Veltro and Tartar) will someday be able to enjoy flying this beautiful aircraft on their Macs!
Ciao,
nibbio

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
Thanks for the C.205
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 1999, 05:24:00 PM »
Thank you Superfly, thank you 4° stormo ciacca for this beauty...

I started my fighter pilot career in AW3 as a member of the 51° stormo ciacca "gatto nero" and as time went by I got infected by a virus called Macchi. I flew the Macchi 202 (BF-109-G.. well better than nothing) in the Invasion of Italy. And now it is to finally land here at AH. After "Desert Fighters" was canceled I really feared the Macchi was never to appear in a sim. But here it is, along with some really amazing looking clouds - wow.

p.s.: Is the 4° stormo ciacca recruiting pilots? Since my squaddies will not convert to AH I was feeling a little lonely here...

Kirin out
Real men fly Radial!

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Thanks for the C.205
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 1999, 01:14:00 AM »
Howdy Kirin,

actually we are flying mainly WarBirds SL but some of us are flying AH as well.   when the "Veltro" will be available you'll see me here almost every day   We fly for the Knights. Feel free to join us whenever you want. We are all italian so you can meet us online after 21:00 (GMT+1).
The 51^Stormo CT has been a crack squadron in RL.

Regards,
Gatt
4th Stormo CT

P.S.: Vermillion, I'll test pilot the C.205 from 500ft to 30,000ft as far as climb rate and TAS are concerned.

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 11-11-1999).]

eazydweeb

Thanks for the C.205
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 1999, 05:08:00 AM »
Hi italianos  ,
btw since I'm German, I also fly in the mentioned time frame . Usually we're only 2-3 knights against hordes of rooks and bishops. It happend several times now, that it's just me and some Stormo something guys. They would strictly talk italian on the country channel and never answer any calls. I'm absolutely new to this online sim stuff and found the best part is the team flying with country men from all over the planet. This is in no way meant as a flame but I would kindly ask you italian guys to use a squad channel when you don't want company. The only italian I know is the menue at the pizza place next door  .Due to my porked Stick I can only fly B17 or C47 at the moment and would like to help anyone out with field attacks or the like and it's pretty boring to just bomb a field without purpose while flying alone.

Sorry for the OT
Peter aka Eazydweeb

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Thanks for the C.205
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 1999, 07:26:00 AM »

Sorry, eazydweeb.
Probably they thought to be on private channel. A lot of us can understand and type the online jargon quite well. I hope it wont happen again.
Regards,
Gatt

Modred

Thanks for the C.205
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 1999, 01:52:00 AM »
Hello HTH Creations,

Great Work for the Macchi Mc.205 Veltro!

Thanks

Modred
4° Stormo Caccia
Italy