Author Topic: X45? Any Good?  (Read 207 times)

Offline woodfordb

• Zinc Member
X45? Any Good?
« on: August 18, 2002, 10:29:06 AM »
Thinking of buying an X45 stick, anyone have any views on this?
Please dont say "Buy a Hotas Couger".. the X45 is £65 in the UK, and Thrustmaster is £250... ...

Currently have a Logitech Wingman 3d thing that is crap, spikes all over the place and the twist rudder goes out of calibration every 5 mins so ive had to make the dead zone so wide it only works on extreme twists.

Did have a MS PPro but that broke withing a week. Not into FF as I find they dont have a nice feel.

Did look at the Thrustmaster Topgun stil with full size throttle that unclips, but found the throttle a little cramped.

I have a CH Products Yoke that seams to go on for ever, but its reaction time for a fighter is far to slow. So might consider a cheap CH Stick.

Any sugestions?

Regards

Ben.

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
X45? Any Good?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2002, 11:19:50 AM »
Think my x36 is great..... can't remeber how long its lasted.... which is good.....

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45? Any Good?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2002, 11:38:53 AM »
X45 is great, best buy for the money

combo with CH pro peds and you have a great hotas

let me know if you get it and I can send you my AH profile
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
X45? Any Good?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2002, 01:22:21 PM »
The X45 is a good stick, but I did have some trouble with it.

THe XP drivers can be a pain to get working, but 98 is pretty easy using Saiteks drivers.

The problem I had was with the hardware itself.  In less than 4 months I'd worn out the stick, and no amount of tightening seemed to help my problem.  The stick itself became loose on the shaft it is mounted on, and it would wiggle 1/4 inch left and right around the circumference of the alluminum shaft.

Saitek replaced it, and I sold it on Ebay when I picked up my Cougar.

The X45 is still the best bang for your buck, and you can find them for less than 40$ sometimes on Ebay.

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
X45? Any Good?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2002, 04:58:02 AM »
Eagler. I have an x45 but have avoided the setting up. Could I have a look at your profile please? Thanks rsyL4mxp@yahoo.com

:eek:
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X45? Any Good?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2002, 09:16:29 AM »
Originally posted by FTJR
Eagler. I have an x45 but have avoided the setting up. Could I have a look at your profile please? Thanks rsyL4mxp@yahoo.com

:eek:

check your email sir
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals