Author Topic: Rooks :)  (Read 266 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Rooks :)
« on: August 18, 2002, 11:49:37 PM »
WTFG rooks!!!!!!!!!!!
2 resets in 3hrs 45min.

it shows what we can do workin together :D:D:D

<<>> all who flew tonight!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 07:26:03 AM »
It also shows something's wrong in the numbers trend. :(

While it was thrilling in a personal level, all those months of being stepped on and mangled by hoardes met with the sweet taste of revenge :D  , numbers like 90 Knights 30 Bish 120 Rooks is absolutely abnormal.

Numbers are shifting in a radical way from one country to another. It's almost as if there are a "flock of vagabonds" wandering among countries each new reset and hoarding en mass.

To tell you the truth, now, I'm not sure what the hell is causing these insane number shifts anymore. But whatever is the reason, it distrupts gameplay, it is becoming serious all the time, and there are people suffering from it. We Rooks have been claiming to be its victim for months, Today the Bishops suffered in a horrible state in an almost unprecedented way even for the Rooks.. who'll be the next victim?

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Re: Rooks :)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 07:29:57 AM »
Originally posted by JB73

it shows what we can do workin together :D:D:D

"we" being the roooks and the knights of course :D

The reason the bishops numbers were so low is that a lot of people stayed up much later than normal to try and win the reset,  then most logged off.  The angry knights and rooks then had thier way :D.

Personally I'm glad that the bishops aren't winning constantly, that way we get to relieve ourselves of many of the idiots, who are going back to knights where they fit in better. :p

I'd rather be beaten than lose any day.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2002, 07:34:33 AM by Innominate »

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 08:04:39 AM »
I agree with kweassa regarding the numbers last night.  The first reset just wasn't even fun as we rooks had a HUGE numbers advantage.  At one point, there were 220 rooks online.  The momentum for the next reset was built up in exactly the same way, as we still had a huge numbers advantage.  By the time the numbers started to even out, it was already too late for the bishops.  Speaking of the bishops, you guys put up a valiant fight, but you were just overwhelmed as both the rooks and knights laid waste to you. .

However, that was the first time in my life that I witnessed not one, but TWO resets by the rooks in less than 4 hours.  Oh, and one final note on the reset...who was the knight that decided to drop his troops on 62 and win the war for the rooks?  I'm sure many rooks, myself included, would like to congratulate you :p

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2002, 08:42:26 AM »
"It's almost as if there are a "flock of vagabonds" wandering among countries each new reset and hoarding en mass. "

You're just now figuring this out?  Numbers are almost always lopsided in favor of one country.  'Vagabonds' is a polite term for these guys, IMHO.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2002, 09:05:57 AM »
I'm a Rook as long as my squadron is with the Rooks.  Until they move to Bish or Knights, I'll be a Rook.  

to DEDICATED Rooks!

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2002, 09:25:28 AM »
Knights lost Sunday, August 18 on the NDIsles map, right?  When I logged on, we Knights had 1 airfield and 1 vehicle base and both had all of their hangars levelled.  I logged off without even flying, as at that point it would've been a waste of time.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2002, 09:31:27 AM »
I don't know about this "vagabond theory" but last nights Rook numbers were not a fluke or do to "Vagabonds" Kweassa. The RJO consists of around 30 Rooks squads and hosts an RJO ops every 3 weeks.  Last Nights RJO was hosted by the NightHawks and CiCed by WILD. We spent over a week rallying the troops via e-mail and working on getting a good turnouth. WILD also sent out battle plans to all the RJO squad's C.O.s and X.O.s. So I am saying alot of work went into getting the Rooks numbers last night and getting the RJO Rook squads operating on the same page.

Previous RJO ops usually turnout the same range of numbers. Operation Hammer Blow (7/28/02) hosted by Nightmares and CiCed by me turned otu 208 at its peak (12 less than last night).

So vagabonds no .. cyclical yes. Every 3 weeks you get a mass Joint Ops.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2002, 09:35:07 AM »
There may be a few country jumpers in the case such as last night ,  BUT Most of this was set up and done thru Secret Rook channels started over a week pryer . (thats why you saw the Full Rook force in the Arena at one time)
Last time I saw 190+ Rooks when we did this.

Ive seen the knits/bish's  do the same thing .
So get over it .

BTW  thanks lone knight that dropped the goons for the second reset .
We had just upped 10+  C-47's heading that way anyhow :D

the final note here is the Rooks could of rolled the Knights just as well for the first reset .But do to recient events and happens from one country , I'm glad we built Rook Castles all over Bishland.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2002, 12:44:54 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
There may be a few country jumpers in the case such as last night ,  BUT Most of this was set up and done thru Secret Rook channels started over a week pryer . (thats why you saw the Full Rook force in the Arena at one time)
Last time I saw 190+ Rooks when we did this.

Ive seen the knits/bish's  do the same thing .
So get over it .

BTW  thanks lone knight that dropped the goons for the second reset .
We had just upped 10+  C-47's heading that way anyhow :D

the final note here is the Rooks could of rolled the Knights just as well for the first reset .But do to recient events and happens from one country , I'm glad we built Rook Castles all over Bishland.

yes rooks really did something with 400 to 100 advantage, cough cough, wtg. sure dont see any rook winnings when #s = lol

whels

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2002, 12:58:13 PM »
congrats on the resets last night Rooks.

Hopefully this will finally put an end to the whiny numbers threads that pop up every 2-3 weeks about why no one will play for such and such a side.

Last night proved that every country is capable of winning if they just show up and fly.

Maybe now we can all just shutup and fight :)
Hornet

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2002, 01:06:47 PM »
Whels, I may not land 112,123,989 kills a sortie.  BUT, when Rooks realize that 10 guys chasing 2 bishes or knights is rediculous and put our minds together.  We're just as dangerous.  

I hate it when it is brought up but I have seen some paltry numbers kicking 200 players "kick our asses" (less than 80) around the arena.  Go ahead because I know this will be debated.  I don't quit, I just take it out on the opposition.

Karaya2

GO ROOKS!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2002, 01:17:03 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2002, 02:46:42 PM »
Well Done Rooks,  NightHawks (RJO Host) and Wild (CiC)

It went smooth as silk and things ran pretty much as the mission orders dictated.  

All the Goon Drivers need a pat on the back, its a vital role, even if not glorious.  

The RJO missions are a blast, and its each and every pilot that makes it happen.  Nothing like working together as a team.  

I like the responses from the guys on the receiving end.  Its good to inspire a little hate in the enemy.   :)

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2002, 03:15:48 PM »
Originally posted by Grimm
Well Done Rooks,  NightHawks (RJO Host) and Wild (CiC)

It went smooth as silk and things ran pretty much as the mission orders dictated.  

All the Goon Drivers need a pat on the back, its a vital role, even if not glorious.  

The RJO missions are a blast, and its each and every pilot that makes it happen.  Nothing like working together as a team.  

I like the responses from the guys on the receiving end.  Its good to inspire a little hate in the enemy.   :)

lol it should go smooth as silk, when u out number the enemy ur attacking 190+ to about  40, as we were split  fighting both
rooks and knits.

when u run same ops vs compairable #s to urs and u win then ill be impressed.  otherwise whhooooooptydo

whels

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2002, 03:46:04 PM »
Last night was an anomaly.  I've never seen that many rooks online at one time.
And, I've never seen such bish whining either....second by second counts of the rooks online.....:rolleyes:
You can deny it til you are blue in the face, but I've been there and seen the #'s so skewed in favor of the bishes it was pitiful.....typical bish comment:  "We're kicking ass."   " Numbers have nothing to do with it, we are just GOOD", and other similiar remarks.
After seeing 170 bishes versus 60 rooks the other night, and all a few of the bish pilots could do was taunt and brag, I have to admit seeing the rooks have numbers and get two relatively quick resets of the "GOOD" pilots was satisfying last night.
What it all comes down to was the bishes met a force of equal and eventually superior numbers, and lost.   The "some logged off in disgust" remark might be true, but it only proves their egos are bigger than their "loyalty" to their AH country.  Those same players would not have logged had the numbers been reversed and the bishes winning, now would they?
Find another excuse.......last night you got some of your own medicine.