Author Topic: ah voice.  (Read 171 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
ah voice.
« on: August 20, 2002, 08:11:15 AM »
ok, so I didn't get any hard freezes last night but...  my AH voice doesn't work completly.  I can hear my sqaudies and they can hear clicks from my end and see my name but no voice.   Tried two different mics and they both check out in roger Wilco test program.   Oh... just loaded patch last night.   Anyone else?
lazs

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
ah voice.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 08:25:34 AM »
lazs, you didn't know? It's a feature. It's called the "lazs yap trap". hehe sorry couldn't resist. I haven't been having trouble lately. Have you tried toggling your "mic boost" button?

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
ah voice.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 08:31:48 AM »
Every now and then I have to open up the creative thing and turn the mic up... even if I have it all the way up in sndvol32.  Besides that, I've been dropping my vox (in and out) occasionally for a couple of weeks now. (Audigy)
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
ah voice.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2002, 09:01:59 AM »
Go to your windows recording controls, click the "Advanced" button under Microphone.  Turn mic boost off and then back on.  This fixes the "Gone-quiet" problems.  Just because its checked doesnt mean its on.  (This problem seems to happen with all soundblaster cards)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2002, 10:07:29 AM by Innominate »

Offline Obear1971

• Copper Member
ah voice.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2002, 09:09:05 AM »
Dunno why but somtimes useing AH voice, no one can hear me i go into setting for the mic volume and they are turned right down, AH voice must do this i guss under certain circumstances.

Sillt i know but check your mic volume level in the speaker settings

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
ah voice.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 09:48:15 AM »
Lazs,

I had the same problem. In my case, it turned out to be the Mic had the wrong...oh, hell what's the word....IMPEDENCE. I think that's what it was.

Either way, I bought a mic that was 9 buck from radio chack, and it had the right impedence, and I've not had a problem since.

One good way to test your VOX without pissing off your squaddies. You may already know this, but instead of typing a VOX channel in Radio 5, type in your callsign. You will hear exactly what your squaddies hear when you transmit.

Good Luck!

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
ah voice.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 10:27:41 AM »
This isn't a mic problem. Several in our squad have had this happen since the last update. Today, it will most likely work for lazs and he has to do nothing. It has happened to me and xdak alot.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
ah voice.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2002, 11:43:10 AM »
Man, where have you guys been?  Don't ya read this BBS?

Here is the fix

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
ah voice.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2002, 12:01:52 PM »
Mine has worked off an on for the past few versions. When it stops working, I got into the AH setup and either check or uncheck  "Use Wav In". That usually fixes it for a few hours. When it stops working again, I go back in and change it back. Don't ask me why, it just seems to fix it for me. Makes no sense.

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
ah voice.
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2002, 01:07:28 PM »
hmm... Aches High vox has problems?

My Mic volume routinely drops out. When I first log in, my mic volume stays 5x5 for quite a long time. After it drops out, I alt-tab and reset my +20dB boost. Mic volume fine again.

The thing that I find most strange is that after the first time the volume drops out, the time between drops becomes less and less until I totally quit AH and restart the program.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Re: ah voice.
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2002, 02:05:25 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
ok, so I didn't get any hard freezes last night but...  my AH voice doesn't work completly.  I can hear my sqaudies and they can hear clicks from my end and see my name but no voice.
lazs

It's your age, Lazs.  Hard freezes are tough to come by and yep, the voice always follows next.

Either that or your squaddies are messing with you and saying "we can't hear you lazs" even though your connect is ok.

My squaddies do that all the time to me, lazs and I'm not having any hard freezes either. :)

curly